Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 05:28 PM

36 posts, read 251,820 times

Advertisements

Damn you mentioned Tarrytown that is another area i was gonna look into. I'm also reading about Yonkers and Peekskill. So I will soon have to decide. I would like someplace where parking my car wont be too much of a problem at home. I am not looking to drive to work.

BTW can i get the train from Tarrytown to WP?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 07:26 PM

2,806 posts, read 16,337,092 times
Nope but you can easily do the drive along the Cross Westchester Expressway (I-287) from Tarrytown to White Plains but it gets really congested during rush hour.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,438 times
Default Albany/Westchester commute: MetroNorth/Amtrak

While MetroNorth does NOT go to Albany *yet?*, Amtrak does, but it will cost you (compare to rent differences): [url=http://tickets.amtrak.com/itd/amtrak]Amtrak - Reservations - Fare Finder[/url]

Old 01-04-2011, 02:11 PM

58 posts, read 239,065 times
Poughkeepsie is along the Harlem Line. White Plains is along the Hudson line. The first place where both lines intersect is 125th st in Manhattan.

_________________________Thank you

Just wanted to point out...you have it backwards, Poughkeepsie is Hudson line; White Plains is Harlem line.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:47 PM

11,252 posts, read 18,752,289 times
Hey guys, you bumped a 3 year old thread; this person has probably long moved to here.....(and based on their number of posts, probably hasn't been on C-D since then either).

Old 01-09-2011, 10:01 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,937,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaymcl View Post
Is this possible? I see from their website that the MTA railway begins in Poughkeepsie. I heard that I can get from Albany to White Plains in 45 min by train. Is this true? I really cannot afford to live in White Plains or Poughkeepsie. It seems like a small apartment in both areas is over 1200/ month.

Thanks for your advice guys
In a way yes but you will have to use amtrak to poughkeepsie then use the lepprechaun bus to white plains from poughkeepsie check lepprechauns website for schedule and boarding locations. Or go to croton-harmon and transfer to bee-line bus #11 but if 11 doesn't work for you you can use amtrak to croton-harmon then use metro-north to tarrytown and use bee-line #13 or if #17 works for you get off at peekskill and walk to that bus but the best way is to use 13 from tarrytown. Very easy commute!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County