Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2007, 12:26 AM

9 posts, read 43,014 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I recently accepted a medical job in Mt. Kisko and am looking to move closer to the job (I currently live in northen manhattan). I am moving with my girlfriend who works in Wall Street so we are limited in how far north we can move. So far I am considering white plains (cause of this site), riverdale (have heard good things from friends), and yonkers (dont know much but they have a water taxi that would get her there without having to do bus/MN/subway thing).

I want to rent in a luxury apartment with pool, doorman etc. (after years of scrimping while a med student and resident I want to splurge a bit) I'm assuming white plains has several buildings like these, anyone know of any names? (Kind of like Skyview in riverdale). Also which of those buildings are close enough to the metro north so that my girlfriend does not have to take a bus to the train?

For any of you that make the commute to wall street, are there any other options besides the metro north and subway. Is there a water taxi as well? Are there express buses that make that route?

Riverdale sounds really nice, but it seems from my reading here that is is quite boring. Yonkers I've herad that it is an up and coming place but overall looks pretty crappy (I have not seen it myself).

Anyways, I know I asked is a lot of questions, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Take care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 12:11 PM

45 posts, read 201,938 times
Stay away from Yonkers if you want nice. I would try White Plains bigger city lots to do...or Scarsdale or Rye, which is more quaint. You should def look into Greenwich CT. It is a beautiful town lots to do very young life there along with families and tons of MONEY!!! go visit greenwich avenue.... you'll never want to leave

Old 10-14-2007, 12:12 PM

Also from greenwich ct you can easily commute back to the city to visit 35 minute train ride....but not sure how far of commute it is to where you r working.

Old 10-14-2007, 12:15 PM

me again I just mapquested the commute its a piece of cake 20 min and you will hit less traffic then living in Whiteplains which is not as nice but it is bigger

Old 10-18-2007, 09:29 AM

14 posts, read 125,131 times
Well if you want "luxury" apartments in White Plains - the new Residence at the Ritz Carlton fits your need. The website is: The Residences at Ritz Carlton, Westchester: Luxury Condominiums

I assume there are investors that purchased condo's there that will rent to you. Contact a local realtor.

There is also Trump Tower at City Center which is also a Condo building. There are plenty of listings of people renting out units in that building as well. The website is:
citycentercondo.com

You can contact a local realtor about rentals for that also. Also you can go to NYTIMES.COM and click on the Real Estate Link. Choose Search by Zip Code and enter 10601 and go to the Rentals section for a list of available places.

Commute to Grand Central is 30 - 35 minutes on Metro North Railroad. Both of the above complexes are walking distance to the train station. About 10 minutes walk from Trump Tower and 5 minutes from the Ritz.

Good luck!

Last edited by WPNY10601; 10-18-2007 at 09:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County