Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2012, 05:18 AM

6 posts, read 8,227 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm currently living at home in the Carmel/Lake Carmel area. I'm currently working in Purchase, so my commute is 35-40 minutes since I'm close to 84 and 684, which isn't too bad. But this will become more daunting with the upcoming winter months. I start work pretty early and can't really afford to miss any work. So I'm looking to move back to Westchester (I grew up in Mount Kisco, so I know the areas fairly well.)

My main issue is, I need to find something under 1k, as I have car payments and other things already taking up a chunk of my paycheck. I know that's difficult in Westchester and Putnam, but I do know of at least one place in Westchester that has studios for $900-$950. I was hoping someone might know of some more places I could look.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 12:03 PM

369 posts, read 631,886 times
Mt. Vernon or Yonkers *might* have prices that low... but for a reason. Maybe find a roommate?

Old 10-27-2012, 09:20 AM

Thanks for the suggestion.

I think the place I heard about through a colleague is on the Scarsdale/Yonkers border.

I'm not doing the roommate thing, too many "horror stories" through friends and my own experiences.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:18 PM

317 posts, read 575,241 times
The Avalon in New Rochelle and Mamaroneck are both good choices

Old 10-28-2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OIF VET View Post
The Avalon in New Rochelle and Mamaroneck are both good choices
Thanks for the suggestion. But I think both of those places have studios at above 1k, can't really go above 1k yet. I'm really looking for studios 1k and less.

Old 10-28-2012, 12:37 PM

369 posts, read 631,886 times
Yeah, anything in Yonkers / Yonkers School District (even if you have a Scarsdale / Bronxville PO) will have cheaper housing because it's technically Yonkers and not as nice as the other suburbs.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabitoff View Post
Yeah, anything in Yonkers / Yonkers School District (even if you have a Scarsdale / Bronxville PO) will have cheaper housing because it's technically Yonkers and not as nice as the other suburbs.
I think my coworker lives in the Jeffery Park apts which has a Scarsdale zip, but by some maps is considered Yonkers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County