Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 11:13 AM

11 posts, read 74,070 times

Advertisements

Honestly, go to the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 09:11 PM

3 posts, read 21,049 times
I've been in New Rochelle its full of thugs and lowlifes. They're trying to gentrify the area with New Roc but it backfired. Not really a homo-friendly neighborhood lol. White Plains isn't really gay friendly either, the people who party there are straight. Overall I'd say Westchester area has no gay scene. You re better off going to the city.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:37 PM

1 posts, read 15,615 times
Default WestchesterGayBar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestchesterGayBar View Post
I'm just looking to get a response from everybody that would enjoy seeing a brand new all gay straight friendly gay bar/lounge/club to open in downtown White Plains. Tell me your thoughts and what you would like to see. I appreciate all responses. Thanks!
WELL, IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!!! White Plains and all of Westchester is just too damn conservative. White Plains is beginning to pick up speed with a night life and Port Chester is sprucing up too with the Waterfront. But, let's face it, White Plains is centrally located from all points and the best place to meet. We all know a lot of people here work in the city or at least been there. We need to pump up the excitement here. Too straight is too boring. We certainly need some more variety and mix it up, especially on the dance floor! A nice, chic, NYC-like lounge w/modern furniture, eclectic food to satisfy the taste buds (tantalizing to the eye and the tummy) and awesome club music NYC-style will certainly get my attention. I know there are some gay-friendly people who would love to hang out here, because we all know GAYS do know how to party!!!!

2 IMPORTANT SUGGESTIONS:
1) The name of the lounge must be very attractive and different with a theme, not necessarily gay but interesting. Or, perhaps change the theme for every season. Buddha Bar is a cool name, but y'know that's taken.

2) Free parking - yeah, I know, but something's got to give. Otherwise, a strip-mall location would be best (always free parking) - Central Avenue as opposed to Mamaroneck Avenue, but then you'll lose the vibe. So, I guess we'll have to suffer and pay for parking which sucks!

I wouldn't mind working at the place or promoting it.

Send me a line. Good luck!!!!

Old 07-12-2008, 12:31 AM

1 posts, read 15,429 times
What did you decide to do? My partner and I live in New Rochelle. We're both 29.

Old 07-14-2008, 05:54 PM

3 posts, read 46,226 times
Default theres still hope!!!

Hey....

I happen to know that there is a gay lounge/bar in New Rochelle....

happen to come across it accidentally when I was looking for a lesbian spot...lol... go figure... never found one

anyhoot.... its located on main street... on a corner... with deep dark drapes that close for your comfort and security pleasure....it also just a couple of blocks from the avalon. joe homoski... is the place name... and they also have an email listing that sends out their party info....
the pics show alot of guys and they seem to be having fun....

i also know that there are several gay men who are purchasing or renting at the avalon...

but thats it in your new neck of the woods...

i see my lesbian sisters and gay brothers here in westchester county.... but they are settled... married.... and living happily ever after

interpretation.... the bar, club and lounge scenes are a thing of the past.
now they entertain at home... travel together.... and are seen in great dining establishments....

single life... ahhhh... what to do... what to do....

good luck

Old 07-14-2008, 05:57 PM

oh... i also know that there are several gay men groups that you can join if push comes to shove and you find yourself "barred" out and lonely....

several sites you can visit...but according to the rules on this site... i can't say or promote them....

but you may as well....meet up!!!

oops...

Old 07-14-2008, 06:04 PM

I find it truly amazing that there are but so many responses to your post...
i offered a suggestion.... and then was blown away by the number of views your post has received...
funny how many people are "curious" but can't seem to offer advise or come out into the light!!!

step into the light maryanne... step into the light!!!
or better yet just come out of your closet and join us.... you know you want to...

Old 10-02-2008, 05:16 AM

2 posts, read 26,479 times
What is the name of the gay club in New Rochelle? I live in the Avalon also and have never seen it. Must not be well advertised. So far all my outings have just been down to the City. Just broke up with boyfriend however and it would be great to have somewhere nearby to go to meet other guys.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:20 AM

1 posts, read 14,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantan220 View Post
Hello there! I am about to relocate to New Rochelle, NY from Salt Lake City, UT in about 2 weeks. I have an apartment in the Avalon on the Sound East located in downtown New Rochelle.

My question is, is there anything to do in Westchester County, or am I always going to be going to New York City?

A little backgound on myself: I'm a 23 year old gay male. I love to go out once and a while, grab a beer after work, meet new people, discover new restaurants, and visit coffee shops and bookstores. Am I going to find that in Westchester, or is my best bet to always be on the train to NYC?

Also is there ANY kind of gay scene in Westchester County? Also what is the attitude like in the area? Open and accepting? Or conservative and close minded?

Hey, White Plains is on the move, its starting to get a real city feel, and there is a gay night at Korova milk bar sunday nights, [URL="http://www.korovamilkbar.com"]www.korovamilkbar.com[/URL]

Old 01-13-2009, 11:41 AM

1 posts, read 14,550 times
Can anybody recommend a gym in Westchester all the way up to Stamford that is well... perhaps not gay oriented, but at least has some gay members?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County