U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 11:15 PM

274 posts, read 265,995 times

Advertisements

It's been my experience that you need to just move out. Nobody will help you really. They may act like they will help, but the thing is, it's hard to stop people from living inside their own home and to expect inconsiderate neighbors to all of a sudden become considerate is wishful thinking.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 08:55 AM

1,170 posts, read 750,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria2013 View Post
Since I didn't have to get up for work, I set my kitchen alarm for varying times throughout the night and when I'd get up to shut the alarm off, I'd hit that ceiling with my broom in their bedroom area and the livingroom area where the teen slept presumably on a pull-out sofa which he banged against the floor upon opening, (for a bonus I would knock in a rap style beat). After I started to do that, it didn't take long for them to decide to move out and perhaps get a legal apartment of their own.
I hear you. My apartment neighbors years ago used to have extremely loud, profanity-laden domestic disputes on the floor above me (it was only a 2-story building). After putting up with it for a while, I started bouncing tennis balls off of the ceiling for stress relief. After a few days, they separated. Maybe just coincidental timing, but...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County