Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 05:56 PM

9 posts, read 19,482 times

Advertisements

I would say have a look around the section of Mamaroneck that feeds into the Rye Neck school system. Rye neck is the part of Rye Town that falls within the village of Mamaroneck (I'm still learning how all of these boundaries work...)

Anyway, there are sections of beautiful Victorians, Tudors and Colonials walking distance to the train, the waterfront/town shops and excellent schools. Lots of young families, good vibe.

We spent most of our home search between there and Larchmont...and liked both very much. Big difference was the size of the lots/yards in the Rye Neck neighborhood.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 07:39 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,560,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodensee View Post
I would say have a look around the section of Mamaroneck that feeds into the Rye Neck school system. Rye neck is the part of Rye Town that falls within the village of Mamaroneck (I'm still learning how all of these boundaries work...)

Anyway, there are sections of beautiful Victorians, Tudors and Colonials walking distance to the train, the waterfront/town shops and excellent schools. Lots of young families, good vibe.

We spent most of our home search between there and Larchmont...and liked both very much. Big difference was the size of the lots/yards in the Rye Neck neighborhood.

Good luck.
yes, I second that. Most of the larger lots are on the older streets like Melbourne (with some nice old victorian mansions), Barry, and Carroll. There are some even larger lots are on the Sound side of the Boston Post Road (America's first road!).

Old 05-19-2013, 11:18 PM

6 posts, read 11,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky0409 View Post
Hello,

Scarsdale - The reason why we are leaving the upper east side I'll leave it at that : )

Knowing the above can anyone suggest another area to look at that may be a fit for us !

Can you please explain more what you don't like about Scarsdale...
I didn't understand what your reference to the Upper East Side has to do with Scarsdale but can you please explain more.
It might also give a better idea of what towns to recommend if I can understand what you don't like about the Upper East Side.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:57 AM

2,619 posts, read 7,032,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rj27 View Post
Can you please explain more what you don't like about Scarsdale...
I didn't understand what your reference to the Upper East Side has to do with Scarsdale but can you please explain more.
It might also give a better idea of what towns to recommend if I can understand what you don't like about the Upper East Side.
Seems clear to me. OP says:
Quote:
We consider ourselves very down to earth people who like to interact with our neighbors and love kid friendly areas. We come from a small tight knit community in queens and hoping to get that plus an area that fits us. Block parties and community events are right up our alley.
UES and S'dale both too Jappy I'm guessing.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:08 PM

866 posts, read 2,484,877 times
Scarsdale doesn't do block parties...unless it's when they're in the Hamptons Or maybe Fire Island. Or Block Island.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County