Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 09:19 PM

19 posts, read 109,876 times

Advertisements

Hey boriquapa20,

I'm originally from the Bronx too. I've been in Westchester for many years now and yes, living here is much better. However - you gotta watch out on where you go. I live in a nice place, but my kids school district reminds me of my Bronx days (no exaggeration there). Me and my wife are college educated, have good jobs with decent pay, and we both work our tails off. But in Westchester, it's never enough.

Have a serious talk with your spouse. There are nice parts still left in the Bronx parts of Kingsbrige are ok (not great, but ok). There is also Riverdale avenue - there may be some affordable places close to the Yonkers border. Not to mention that there are alteratives across the Hudson or further south. But if Westchester is a must check out White Plains, Yonkers, etc. Life here is expensive (very expensive) and the commute to NYC would also be expensive $300 / month sounds right with Metro North - then the NYC pass.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 10:23 PM

10 posts, read 96,147 times
section 8 will get you fairly good apartments in new rochelle which has excellent school system compared to yonkers mt vernon and the bronx, the high crime areas are nice in new rochelle in that nothing rarely happens. someone gets shot in the projects once a year if that. the bad neighborhoods in new rochelle are a joke compared to the south bronx section 8 can even get you nice apartments on the east side of town. after spending time in the bronx i felt safe walking through the projects in new rochelle so section will definately find you a nice apartment west of north avenue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County