Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 08:34 AM

1 posts, read 3,671 times

Advertisements

I attended both Sacred Heart School & Greenburgh schools, which serve all of Hartsdale and part of White Plains). Better discipline & values at Catholic school...better preparation for life at Greenburgh schools. Public schools are very integrated racially & economically but it works. From age 5, these kids go to school with each other so there is a lack of racism. Busing is not an issue because the high school is in the woods so nearly everyone is bused. Hartsdale has mature neighborhoods so no risk of overdevelopment near your home. Nice parks, near shopping. Many in my old neighborhood owned their homes for 40+ years, though there are younger more transient couples who move in and out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 12:55 PM

178 posts, read 665,778 times
A lot of people love the elementary schools in Greenburgh. Very often they move to the Edgemont School District at the high school level.

All the best!

Kevin O'Shea

Old 05-28-2008, 12:43 PM

40 posts, read 150,648 times
My brother and I graduated from Woodlands HS (1978 and 1983 respectively) and it was a great school with great teachers. In fact the accounting program there is why I became an accountant who has also taught college. What has happened to make is such a bad school now? I left NY 23 years ago.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:54 PM

178 posts, read 665,778 times
A lot of people really like the Hartsdale elementary level schools and move to Edgemont or Private High School.

All the best!

Kevin O'Shea

Old 06-03-2008, 12:45 PM

16 posts, read 71,307 times
Greenburgh Schools Rank Near The Bottom In Westchester

Old 09-06-2008, 04:43 PM

4 posts, read 14,636 times
Hartsdale is a great place to live. One of the very few towns in central to lower Westchester where you can buy a NICE home (not a fixer) with 4 bedrooms and 2 baths under $700K with a great size yard. There is a small village with a weekend, farmers market & great restaurants, 30 minutes to NYC, the best town pool around, great parks, a brand new library, any every kind of shopping imaginable. That said - if all that appeals to you and you don't want to move up north or pay $780K and crazy taxes for a fixer upper in a better district...you can do what I did. I sent my oldest to the public school until high school, then onto Good Counsel Academy a gorgeous, wonderful private school for high school (and there were other terrific private schools to choose from). She loved it, it DID NOT break the bank by any means, and she's off to a fantastic college this year. My youngest, still in the Greenburgh public schools will do the same when he gets to HS. Best of luck to anyone looking in the area - I recommend NOT dismissing the area because of the schools - it's a terrific place, the pool is like a country club for the kids during the summer and you can get a wonderful home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County