Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2013, 03:00 PM

36 posts, read 65,017 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

So I moved into my apartment in White Plains 4 months ago and sure enough, the problems have begun in full force. The pipes under my apartment and my neighbors' apartment have caused water damage and our floors need to be ripped up and replaced. Our neighbors' apartment is being done now, and ours is scheduled to be done on Wednesday.

My fiance is staying home on Wednesday and Thursday but we have to leave for a wedding Friday morning and will not be returning until sometime on Sunday. He thinks it's fine to let them finish the job while we're gone. I think he's insane and sort of refuse to let them stay in our apartment when no one is home (for reference, these are people the management company contracts with and our neighbors also left them alone all weekend and didn't have any issues or seem to care).

How should we handle this? Fiance thinks if we tell them they can't come Friday-Sunday they'll know we're gone anyway and it's still a threat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County