Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 02:43 PM

47 posts, read 101,754 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the up to date real estate check. I feel a bit better about considering Rye Brook based on everyone's input here. I have heard it's a nice community and of course the schools are supposed to be top notch. I have to also check on school open houses. I'm going to look again to see what's out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 09:58 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,470,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldHaveLeft914 View Post
Why? B/c they suddenly all figured this out at the same time?
"HEY, WE LIVE NEAR PORT CHESTER!!?! Since WHEN!!!!?"
I think you may have misunderstood what I meant by that statement. Obviously, when someone buys a home on Argyle Rd, or any other street that is near the border of Port Chester, he or she knows where their house is when they buy it.

From my own experience, though, I've always seen a lot more For Sale signs on the lawns of Port Chester homes than those in Rye Brook. Port Chester has for a long time had a negative stigma attached to it, deserved or not. Homes in or near Port Chester therefore may not appreciate or hold their value as much as those in the nearby areas of Rye Brook and the City of Rye, for example. For that reason, I could understand if there were more owners who wanted to sell in Port Chester or areas very close to the border and move to areas that have greater upward trends in home values. Got it?

Old 07-01-2013, 07:34 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,554,464 times
What you will find if you live in Rye Brook is that the Port Chester restaurant scene is great. Plenty going on there. Plus the Capitol Theater for singers and bands, and the multiplex in town is fine for movies. Parking is easy and free, all very handy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County