Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2007, 06:35 PM

275 posts, read 793,299 times

Advertisements

We visit NYC at least once (sometimes twice) a year. We usually stay in the Tarrytown area and take the Metro North down to GCT. We have come to love that town. I'm retiring in a year and we are thinking seriously of living part-time in NY. I grew up in NYC and miss it terribly. We already own a house in FL, which is paid for. Living at least part-time in NY would be a compromise between my spouse and me. I think that an apartment in Tarrytown would be ideal for us. I've tried looking at the RE section of the NY Times and the local White Plains newspaper online but don't see very much. It seemed that there were apartments in Tarrytown when we drove around. So, my question(s) would be 1) Are there decent 1-br apartments available that wouldn't break the bank? I'm thinking under $2k/mo. 2) If there are, where are they advertised?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 09:57 PM

103 posts, read 572,272 times
Hi,
I certainly agree with you about Tarrytown; it's a great town.
Have you checked craigslist for rentals?
new york craigslist > > all apartments: search for "tarrytown"=
There's a 1BR for $1525 on Windle and Franklin (very close to Main Street) listed right now:
Big 1 Bdrm (broken link)

New York Times also has some listings:
Real Estate - Sales, Rentals, Homes, Apartments, Open Houses, FSBO - New York Times (http://realestate.nytimes.com/rentals/NY/WESTCHESTER_County/TARRYTOWN - broken link)

Good luck!
Aurora

Old 12-03-2007, 10:57 PM

2,440 posts, read 6,259,290 times
At just under $2,000 per month you should have no problem. If you want something modern, head west on Route 119 from Route 9 for less than one mile. On the right side you will see a large garden complex that was built in the 1990's. I assume they have a rental office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County