U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2014, 02:35 PM

81 posts, read 60,169 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of good places in the Scarsdale, White Plains, Mam'k area where I can park myself to do some work?

I normally take work home on the weekends, and need 2-3 hours to do some work.
It's hard to get into a groove working at home with distractions.

Sometimes, I use White Plains Public Library, but I'm the last few times, there have been homeless people snoring.
I don't mind paying a few bucks for a more inviting place to work. Scarsdale's library is better, but the hours are not ideal.

The local Starbucks has limited tables that are also a bit small. If it's crowded, I'd feel like I'm hogging the tables for new customers.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 06:49 AM

175 posts, read 366,519 times
Which Starbucks are you going to? It's been a few years since I was a regular there, but the one on Route 1 between Larchmont and Mamaroneck was usually quiet enough that I could sit for a few hours without crowding the tables. (It's right next to Mamaroneck High School, though, so it gets crowded during school dismissal hours.) You could also try the Cosi that's nearby on Route 1.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:06 AM

221 posts, read 481,768 times
Check your local colleges, many will allow you to pay for access to their library.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:44 AM

475 posts, read 787,093 times
I like to do my course work at night, it's peaceful

Old 01-15-2014, 09:54 AM

293 posts, read 808,493 times
I agree with Trebler - try the Starbucks on Route 1 near the high school in Mamaroneck. I very rarely have a problem getting a table there, unless it was during the school morning and afternoon rush. Even then, it wasn't so bad - the insanity is fairly brief. I haven't tried Cosi nearby (in the Stop and Shop mall), but I bet that's a decent option as well - lots of space.

Old 01-16-2014, 04:35 PM

12,270 posts, read 10,391,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westchesterwannabe View Post
Check your local colleges, many will allow you to pay for access to their library.
I've done this before and many will let you in for free. They won't let you take books out or bring coffee in, but they're quiet places to work.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:47 AM

81 posts, read 60,169 times
Still open to ideas.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:54 PM

16 posts, read 102,290 times
Default Gpl

Try the Greenburgh Public Library. The upstairs study area is just amazing - clean, quiet (cellphones not allowed, except in the lobby), and lots of natural light. I telecommute once a week, and have had very productive work/study over there.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:30 PM

1,316 posts, read 4,863,447 times
There is a coworking place in White Plaines where you rent a desk or room fir short periods:

The Digital Arts Experience | After School & Summer Camp Westchester

Also one in Tarrytown:

Watercooler | Shared Workspace and Affordable Office Rental
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County