Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 09:20 AM

2,440 posts, read 6,258,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1250 View Post
Typical right winger: no sense of sarcasm or irony whatsoever.

My neighbor who is a founding member of Yorktown Green, a major backer of all Democrats, an anti-development activist, powers his house with solar energy, has backyard chickens, and grows his own veggies voted for Astorino. And he's not the only progressive I know who did so. Not everyone is completely red or green. Personally, I voted for Branson, but I have voted for plenty of Republicans in local elections.
Rabid right winger. That is really funny. HA HA HA HA HA! Sorry I missed the sarcasm and irony the first time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 09:53 AM

1,316 posts, read 5,191,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
Rabid right winger. That is really funny. HA HA HA HA HA! Sorry I missed the sarcasm and irony the first time.
It's okay. I know you right wingers can be a little slow. I'm tolerant.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:54 AM

33 posts, read 52,581 times
Quote:
My point was that the OP was worried that Croton was a monolithic "progressive" community totally dominated by people who would think he is a "rabid right winger." It is not.
Alright, I really didn't want to get this deep into things.

That's sort of what I was looking for.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:35 PM

425 posts, read 1,213,054 times
You are coming from Staten Island for God sake....not Sweden...Unless you live in Todt Hill with the Gambino's and John Franco.... most of Yonkers is an improvement.....SI is one of the least progressive place around...When I drive through there I think I am in a cross between New Jack City and Goodfellas.

Last edited by john70; 02-17-2014 at 06:46 PM..

Old 02-17-2014, 07:14 PM

454 posts, read 763,522 times
Maybe progressive just means you can get away with lots of tattoos and piercings and no one stares.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:12 AM

7,296 posts, read 11,862,673 times
Quote:
There are plenty of "very progressive people" who admitted that they would vote for Astorino? Baloney.
LOL! Those "progressives" who voted for Astorino espouse green living but objected to building low income housing in their towns and villages. Progressive indeed!

Old 02-18-2014, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
LOL! Those "progressives" who voted for Astorino espouse green living but objected to building low income housing in their towns and villages. Progressive indeed!
Green anti-development people are opposed to development, most emphatically including high-density housing that brings in a lot of new residents and their cars. Bulldozing woodlands and wetlands to build housing and parking lots isn't green, no matter the income of the residents. If anyone were proposing that the county purchase and restore existing houses for low income people, that would be another story.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:34 AM

2,440 posts, read 6,258,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1250 View Post
Green anti-development people are opposed to development, most emphatically including high-density housing that brings in a lot of new residents and their cars. Bulldozing woodlands and wetlands to build housing and parking lots isn't green, no matter the income of the residents. If anyone were proposing that the county purchase and restore existing houses for low income people, that would be another story.
The site in Chappaqua isn't exactly woodlands and wetlands.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:57 AM

^^ I was referring to the housing being built in Yorktown Heights--which required bulldozing wetlands, woodlands, and a 1700s farmhouse.

As with most things, the housing issue is not black and white--or red and blue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County