Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 08:19 PM

21 posts, read 56,025 times

Advertisements

Pleasantville is not flashy at all. Try Holy Innocents on a Sunday 9am kids mass, then walk around town after to get a vibe for the community feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 09:49 PM

425 posts, read 1,206,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurochica View Post
thank you, how is Tarrytown ? Do you know how are the schools there ?
Seriously? From Byram Hills to Tarrytown schools??? Sleepy Hollow HS...

Last edited by john70; 04-17-2014 at 10:03 PM..

Old 04-19-2014, 07:02 AM

2,617 posts, read 6,984,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinuzzo View Post
How would you describe the community in Pound Ridge? Do people know each other, are their common gathering spots, or is it pretty much just a stretch of large disconnected houses?
I've been through that before. Here it is again.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:22 PM

14 posts, read 29,617 times
Default Somers Schools = Drugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC1024 View Post
I don't know much about Armonk; I've driven through it a few times, but it is surprising to me to hear that it is so heavily Jewish. If only five other students in your daughter's class are not Jewish, that's like 75 percent; I didn't even think Scarsdale had a Jewish population that high.

I'm shocked that you've heard the schools in Katonah and Somers aren't good; I heard nothing but positive things about them before I moved here two years ago (of course, having met more people since I've been here, some of them have had mixed feelings).

Stay away from Somers...huge, ingrained drug problem in the schools...particularly heroin

Old 09-01-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurochica View Post
Thank you . Do you have kids in Somers district ?
Is there areas better then others in Somers, or sides/neigborhoods with "problems" ?

Yes, I had kids in the Somers School system...huge drug problem is the real dirty little secret...forget about athletics...the alpha male athletes are the biggest dealers on campus. The heroin problem has been ignored for years lest it affect the reputation of the town. The local Police refer to the Lake Communities of Shenorock and Lincolndale as "white trash" ghettos.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:32 PM

Default Somers NY + Heroin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinuzzo View Post
From what I've heard, Somers sounds like it would match what you're looking for. However, this forum has very little Somers representation for some reason.

Somers is funny...very wealthy areas on the Katonah side of town, third generation trash in the Lincolndale/Shenorock side...huge drug problem in the school district...numerous heroin overdose stories on the web. Check the local paper, two heroin editorials this year and it's not just the teenagers...watch the "soccer moms" getting arrested on route 684.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:56 PM

18 posts, read 53,607 times
Wow - that's horrible .thank you chatwood
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County