U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 10:06 PM

23 posts, read 257,803 times

Advertisements

Do you wanna know what I do for the police dept?
Rate this post positively

Old 12-11-2007, 11:11 PM

2,441 posts, read 5,927,436 times
You are getting Section 8 based on one income. But you have two incomes. So you are scamming the system.

Let me guess - you run the ethics commission for the police deparment.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:42 AM

1,552 posts, read 3,061,322 times
1) I wasn't judging you at all. If I could qualify for section 8 I would take it in a heartbeat since I like free money. I was criticizing the program on a whole as I'm sick of the government spending tax money inefficiently.
You probably do have the best health insurance in the city. Most city jobs have great insurance. Good for you.

However don't come on here and blatantly lie to me stating such things as you pay just as much in taxes as anyone else. You have a lot more deductions that the single tax payer I was referring to and on top of it receive 20,400 dollars directly from the government. If the government wanted to give me 20 grand for nothing I would happily take that as well. I don't blame you for that one bit. But don't lie about the facts.

As for me finding the wrong info about section 8-
Look at this document:
http://www.nyc.gov/html/nycha/downloads/pdf/070213N.pdf
on page 3 and tell me what it says about income limits for a family of 6. If the website run by NYC has the incorrect info thats not my fault.

Like I said if you can get away with lying to the government I wnt be mad at you- Im mad at them for wasting money on tons of things they should not be spending money on. But please stop lying. Section 8 is a handout. I wish the govt told me here take some handouts. I would laugh all the way to the bank with my free rent and food stamps if they gave them to me. It was a handout when i got financial aid when I attended Baruch,I didn't pretend it wasn't.The difference is financial aid for college is not a waste of government resources like many other government programs are.

I hope you find a nice neighborhood in Yonkers. Be sure to laugh at your next door neighbor who is paying rent out of his pocket.

And no I don't care what you do for the police department. Hopefully working to get them a raise from the joke of a salary this city pays them. I also don't care that you graduated from John Jay or are going to Grad School. College and school for the most part is an easy joke. Baruch was a joke, Bronx Science was a joke and barring going to medical school Im sure if and when I go to graduate school it will be a joke as well.

Old 12-12-2007, 05:45 AM

For your innformation bxlefty 23. I have 4 children I never told you I claim all my children. I have one child by my husband and since I MAKE more money then him I let him claim our daughter. Thats number 1 number 2 my first three children are by my first husband and because he does pay chikld support through the family court he is entitled to claim one of the children. So if you think I get earned income and all the extra free money so you call it you are dead wrong. What I do for the police dept I am a 911 operator. Since you are good with the internet look up the starting salary. I have been working there for 6 years and because you know so much about city employment raises come every 10 years. Sit there and do the math. No one can raise a family of 2 on the starting salary and yes its more than 35,000. M

Last edited by charlene24; 12-12-2007 at 05:45 AM.. Reason: didnt finish

Old 12-12-2007, 05:58 AM

So what you saying with section 8 I wont have to pay rent? Sweetie wrong information I have section 8 for Westchester county not NYC. Can you check that for me? Thanks I would appreciate it. It's not the same.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:09 AM

1,552 posts, read 3,061,322 times
you act like its my fault that i found the wrong link even though you never said where you said you live, you work for the nyc police so I assumed you lived in NYC albeit mistakenly.
Enjoy the free rent, I know I would.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:53 AM

13,768 posts, read 36,890,446 times
If you want to discuss section 8 housing quailifications open a new thread. If you can't provide the information the OP orginally requested, then don't post anything. If personal attacks continue, infractions will be issued.

Please get back on topic..

Old 12-12-2007, 10:33 AM

2,978 posts, read 3,757,862 times
This is why I, along with a growing number of Landlords, no longer accept section 8, or other government entitlement/welfare programs. Areas like Mott Haven, Bed-Stuy, and Harlem, which were once exclusively the domain of section 8 tenants, are now being sought by free market tenants without 5 kids and dysfuntions that run the gamut.

The best way to stop the rampant abuse and rape of our tax system by these never ending, generational programs, is to stop accepting the tenants. They can have all the vouchers in the world..but if there are no Landlords to accept them...those vouchers are useless pieces of paper...and the Section 8 system would dry up! And that is exactly what is happening...more and more LLs are saying NO..and section 8 tenants are having a hard time finding apts in and around NYC.

In fact there was a NY Times article about it...do a search for section 8 in the NY Times..it was a great article. And I was glad to hear they are unable to find apts...enough of the ridiculousness already!

Old 12-12-2007, 02:04 PM

30 posts, read 110,447 times
charlene24 im in the same situation as you are and these people judge us for trying to do the right thing.i came here to see if i can find a decent area and they want to hate. well mb cuz they stuck up rich people hating on people like us. i to have 3 kids and boyfriend that works. plz if you know of an area that is good to raise kids let me kno

Last edited by boriguapa20; 12-12-2007 at 02:18 PM..

Old 12-12-2007, 02:23 PM

2,978 posts, read 3,757,862 times
Nobody is hating..however we are expressing our discontent with these programs and the abuse that often goes along with them. It is nothing personal..and you are free to live whereever you like thanks to programs like Section 8. That beign said, we also recognize that there are serious problems with the program and we believe it needs to be phased out and NOT expanded further. More scrutiny is required and elimination of waste/fraud is necessary.

Until the program turns into one that I can believe in....I will not "hate" on you..whatever that means...but I will tell people NOT to participate in the program by taking section 8 tenants. The only power we have to stop the program is to refuse to take the section 8 tenants...and that is exactly what LLs are doing now. Change is coming in this city!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County