U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 03:30 PM

23 posts, read 257,238 times

Advertisements

Section 8 is what probably put food in u and ur little headaches month or paying ur mortgage. And I have 4 children not 5. I have been paying full rent since I/ve been working. Never been on welfare or any other govt programs. 1 pay 1500 now for a 2 bed rm apt. With or without the section 8 I have to pay rent rather its full payment or 30 percent bottom line the rent will get paid.

until u take care my children financially don't worry about how many kids i have . the govt takes care none of them. Like I said I work. What was ur purpose y r u here, just being noisy mind ur business. The topic was do u know anyone who rent to section 8 in westchester county if u dont know anyone that does keep it moving.

and yes and i have reached out to a realtor, and i have the money for the brokers fee first month rent and security since u r all in the business.

Check the Pennysaver. It's usually more for Northern Westchester but you might find some stuff.

Last edited by mbmouse; 12-13-2007 at 07:48 PM..
Rate this post positively

Old 12-17-2007, 08:56 AM

1,566 posts, read 3,034,964 times
actually if shes been working the system for so long she has some smarts

Old 12-17-2007, 09:32 AM

1 posts, read 8,097 times
Unhappy 2 br HSP apartment needed!!

I am a newly single mother. A victim of domestic Violence seeking a two bedroom apartment in brooklyn. Myself and two young children.I currently have HSP similar to section8 but doesnt pay as much.Vocher is for $925. I am to sign a sperate lease and willing to provide the rest $$$ to complete the cost of a nice/safe area in brooklyn. I currently reside in marine park but my abuser has obtained my address and need to vacate ASAP. In despirate need. willing to pay brokers fee!The program provides 3 months rent advance and security.lease signing takes about 1-2 weeks tops. You are also promised a full years rent in contract regardless of any difficultys I may have financially!!!

Old 12-17-2007, 09:38 AM

2,978 posts, read 3,724,036 times
Sweetz22....have you ever considered moving OUT of NYC? If you cannot ven afford rent on a 2 bedroom on your own...how do you plan on providing any kind of existence for your kids? Send them to a horrendous public school? In a crappy neighborhood? I hope NO LL takes your section 8...so that you are forced to leave the city to a better area....and your kids can have a chance at a decent life! Move out of the city....your situation is going to screw these kids up worse than they already are.

Old 12-17-2007, 01:57 PM

857 posts, read 4,748,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlene24 View Post
First of all nothing in life is free. Not that I have to explain anything too you or anyone else on this forum. I work I have since I had my first child at 19 yrs old. This is a govt assistance not a hand out on a corner program. If I am married or single I am entitle too what I have been approved for. I guess Since I drive a 2007 truck I am not entitle. I guess since I am educated with a bachelors of science degree from John jay college I am not entitled right. I guess since I am in Lehman college getting my masters for social work I am not entitled. Nobody is giving me nothing. Please do not judge me you don't know me. You wanna know anything about me ask me. No one can answer nothing about me better than me. Do not assume.
I hope and pray that you are, in your own unintelligible way, trying to say that if you had all of these things then you would NOT be entitled to benefits (not that you ARE entitled). I read this a few times and thought that you were actually saying that you DID have a degree from John Jay and Lehman.

If that is the case, then I would go back there if I were you and DEMAND my money back if they gave you some phony degree while you still couldn't string together some words and make an intelligent sentence from it.

Old 12-17-2007, 02:07 PM

2,421 posts, read 5,853,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetz22ny View Post
I am a newly single mother. A victim of domestic Violence seeking a two bedroom apartment in brooklyn. Myself and two young children.I currently have HSP similar to section8 but doesnt pay as much.Vocher is for $925. I am to sign a sperate lease and willing to provide the rest $$$ to complete the cost of a nice/safe area in brooklyn. I currently reside in marine park but my abuser has obtained my address and need to vacate ASAP. In despirate need. willing to pay brokers fee!The program provides 3 months rent advance and security.lease signing takes about 1-2 weeks tops. You are also promised a full years rent in contract regardless of any difficultys I may have financially!!!
Yes, you should get out of NYC. It's not worth it. Do you know anyone upstate (Binghamton, Syracuse, etc.)? You can get a 2-bedroom apartment for $400. And you would be many miles away from the thug who is abusing you.

Old 12-17-2007, 02:09 PM

NorthMeetSouth..although your post made me laugh because it is soo painfully accurate...you understand now why the value of a college degree is worth less than a HS degree was 30 years ago...everyone is being shuttled through HS and College...and not learnign anything...in a few years..graduate degrees will be just as meaningless...

Old 12-17-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetz22ny View Post
I cant tell you anything about available apts. because I have left the NY area, but I can tell you that I left and moved to a much less expensive area (Atlanta) because I couldn't afford to stay in NY and raise a child once I became single. It was important to me that I make my own way so that I could set an example for my son. You might want to consider doing something like that.
I lived in Brooklyn, and then in Westchester, and have found that I have had better career opportunities living in the south than I did in NY. You can still buy a house on 1/2 acre for under $200k, your kids can grow up in a nice neighborhood, and if you are willing to work hard you can make a lot of money.
IMHO, it is something worth thinking about.

Old 12-17-2007, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guywithacause View Post
NorthMeetSouth..although your post made me laugh because it is soo painfully accurate...you understand now why the value of a college degree is worth less than a HS degree was 30 years ago...everyone is being shuttled through HS and College...and not learnign anything...in a few years..graduate degrees will be just as meaningless...
These days the teachers are more interested in handing out Self-Esteem than an education. God forbid they should fail somebody just because they haven't learned a thing. That might hurt the student's feelings.

I used to give my son reading assignments because his teachers would dumb-down the lessons to accomodate the lowest common denominator. If I left it up to them he might have graduated with only the ability to write sentences like some of those we have seen here! I couldn't let that happen!

Old 12-17-2007, 02:21 PM

Exactly...the dumbing down of society to the lowest common denominator...no goals..no aspirations...no repercussions....no responsibility....dont' learn anything....but everyone sure feels good! The future is scary indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County