U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 02:58 PM

2,978 posts, read 3,446,310 times

Advertisements

Mead...so long as she gets out of the city I could careless where she goes. Anyplace that will take her voucher in Westchester will likely be just as bad if not worse than the city....she is screwed either way.
Rate this post positively

Old 12-18-2007, 03:22 PM

1,836 posts, read 2,958,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlene24 View Post
I'm living good and sounds like all of you guys are jealous.
How can you afford a 2007 truck and qualify for Section 8 housing?

Simple question.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:41 PM

2,806 posts, read 15,483,716 times
Its a scam. Lots people on entitlement programs are scamming the system. It is very commonplace.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:36 PM

857 posts, read 4,598,985 times
Quote:
I'm living good and sounds like all of you guys are jealous.
Jealous??? Are you serious??? Why would any of us hard-working, responsible people who pay our own way be jealous of someone who thinks it is a good idea to raise her children to be scam-artist like mom and various dads. I own my own home, which I pay for without any welfare handouts, and I live in a good neighborhood. Why would I or anyone else here be jealous of your ghetto life?

PS... (since you claim to have gone to college) it should be "I'm living well" NOT "I'm living good"

Old 12-18-2007, 08:31 PM

23 posts, read 253,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthmeetsSouth View Post
Jealous??? Are you serious??? Why would any of us hard-working, responsible people who pay our own way be jealous of someone who thinks it is a good idea to raise her children to be scam-artist like mom and various dads. I own my own home, which I pay for without any welfare handouts, and I live in a good neighborhood. Why would I or anyone else here be jealous of your ghetto life?

PS... (since you claim to have gone to college) it should be "I'm living well" NOT "I'm living good"
Why to you continue to have something to say? Yeah you own your own house so you claim but what are the houses going for in the south? For your information I don't take welfare hand out, however, I will take the section 8 you hard working people claim that your taxes pay for. Sweetheart there are not various dads, there's 2 not that I need to explain anything to you or any one else. You said what you had to say I didn't reply to you and you continue to talk ****.What is it too you, why are you so concerned? I'm living good like I said.

Old 12-19-2007, 05:14 AM

23 posts, read 253,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
How can you afford a 2007 truck and qualify for Section 8 housing?

Simple question.
They way I can afford a 2007 truck I am leasing and I have excellent credit. I held a job down for 10 years plus and I have limited credit cards. I need a car/truck with good running conditions to take my children back and forth to school.

Old 12-19-2007, 05:48 AM

2,400 posts, read 5,380,070 times
Charlene, you are shamless.

Let's say the maximum income for a person in your situation to obtain a Section 8 voucher is $30,000. If you were making less than $30,000, this thread would have been over a long time ago.

But you are making far more than $30,000 because for some reason, you are getting away with not declaring your husband's income.

And this is why you have caused such resentment. You are scamming the taxpayers (us), as are tens of thousands of others.

Old 12-19-2007, 08:45 AM

570 posts, read 1,717,449 times
And she can also afford that 2007 truck because her husband is probably helping to pay for it. How else can she be making so little money and drive a new truck, not a car but a truck. She could possibly be making less than $30k, but it's not telling how much her husband makes. He probably is making $65k or more which is probably why she isn't claiming him. I bet she is going to college for free as well if she isn't majoring in something her job would pay for through tuition reimbursement.

I see this happen where I live all the time. People pop out a few kids either by a couple of husbands or just some other random guy. Apply for assistance, then get into a serious relationship and move his family in and "live good" while us honest hardworking folk struggle to make ends meet. I would never accept assistance from the government, I would rather struggle on my own because I would feel good about myself at the end of the day. I have to much pride to have someone other than my sister/roommate help me to pay my rent.

I think government assistance should only go to those on disability or those who may not be able to work for other legitimate reasons. Its sad that all people have to do is have kids and be able to get assistance.

Old 12-22-2007, 07:44 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,732,487 times
Quote:
I am not on welfare and I have never been on welfare, Instead of trying to figure out how we get our money it's really none of your business. Question do you know if scarsdale accept section 8. Never mind they do. You guys really seem like you have no lives. You are so interested in how I'm getting section 8 with a husband. The original thread was looking for a apartment accepting section 8. Its a easy question with the easiest answer yes or no. You guys are talking about how I have various baby fathers how I am on welfare, how I don't speak well. What does one thing has to do with the next. If you don't have a answer to the f8cking question keep it moving? Why are you guys losing sleep? It's really not that serious. This b*tch talking about I'm trash look at the pot talking about the kettle. She got some nerves for real. Where do you work? Do you have a man? or a woman? Did something I say turn you on? I like wood. Since you are a lesbian (****) you know what it means. Please people get a life stop entertaining Charlene I get enough entertainment from the clown callers that call 911 remember my dumb welfare ass is nypd employee. Please people do not respond it is what it is. This will be my last post I have been entertained thank you for your time and have a Merry Christmas....................
This really is sad. I hope your eyes open up at some point.

Merry Christmas.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:22 PM

13,773 posts, read 35,095,059 times
Thread is closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or