U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 04:13 AM

581 posts, read 1,167,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC1024 View Post
I've lived here all my life (lived in 9 or 10 different places in Westchester), and that is very far from the truth.
Please elaborate
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 06:56 PM

582 posts, read 673,260 times
You guys are confusing me. Is it really that bad for singles to live in the burbs?
The tip about the commute was really helpful but I prefer Mt.Kisco. It sounds like Croton on Hudson is really dead.

I have been on CL for long time, I can't find a lot of apts in either Mt. Kisco or Croton. what is the best way to find a place there?A broker? any recommendations?

Old 05-14-2014, 09:34 PM

425 posts, read 1,094,489 times
Tough for singles north of 287. Even Mount Kisco is a bedroom community.

Old 05-16-2014, 02:55 PM

4 posts, read 4,193 times
Have you considered White Plains? I just moved up from the city, and although not single, I don't have kids and like going out. It's an easy commute and rents are a lot less than the city (as are mortgages).

Old 05-16-2014, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPRunner View Post
Have you considered White Plains? I just moved up from the city, and although not single, I don't have kids and like going out. It's an easy commute and rents are a lot less than the city (as are mortgages).

thanks for the suggestion. I heard that WP has some nice areas but some other areas are not safe and I don't know which. would you suggest a safe area?

Old 05-16-2014, 04:50 PM

2,406 posts, read 5,630,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by safina1 View Post
thanks for the suggestion. I heard that WP has some nice areas but some other areas are not safe and I don't know which. would you suggest a safe area?
White Plains, for the most part, is very safe. You won't end up in the areas that are unsafe (or are perceived to be unsafe), such as Ferris Avenue. If you live in the downtown area you will in walking distances of dozens of restaurants and bars, and The Westchester mall. The mall with the movie theater has a large Shop Rite supermarket. The train is 30 minutes to Manhattan.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:59 PM

How about the housing market in Mt. Kisco? If I buy an apt there, then sell it later. Is it a bad idea?

Old 09-07-2014, 07:03 PM

4 posts, read 4,338 times
Default services for child with autism

I'm also looking at these and other surrounding towns. But my main concern is getting services for my son who is in kindergarten and is autistic. Are there towns to avoid? And who has the resources to help my son?

Old 09-13-2014, 07:54 AM

1,087 posts, read 1,229,238 times
I've always liked Mount Kisco myself and what I do for living I can do anywhere and my kids are much older so I'm not concerned about commute times or elite school districts.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:01 AM

701 posts, read 1,293,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by safina1 View Post
If I was moving to Westchester as single person, White Plains would be the only town I'd consider. Lot's of restaurants, shopping, and bars, and 35 minute express trains to Grand Central. Most of the town is very safe. Depending where in town you live, it's also very doable to get by without a car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County