Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2007, 03:52 PM

1 posts, read 13,396 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a room in Westchester County (as close to NYC as possible).
I would like to find a boarding house or rooming house but I don't know if those seem to exist anymore. Does anyone know if there are any rooming houses in Westchester County (particularly Yonkers or Tarrytown etc.) or in the Bronx or anything like that? I prefer to find a room like this just because I don't want to live in an apt with a couple of roomates. I prefer to have a place I can sort of call my own and be responsible for. Does anyone know which papers are best also to look for rooms in? The Journal doesn't seem to hardly have anything. Can anyone recommend something better? Does the YMCA still rent rooms? Any info that anyone can provide would be greatly, greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 07:35 PM

1 posts, read 12,537 times
Default rooming houses

Your best bet is Craigslist.com. I was looking last year between apartments and found listings for some in Yonkers and Mt. Vernon. Also look on backpage.com. Ms. A

Old 06-22-2009, 10:53 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,291,182 times
if i'm right there's one right off of beekman avenue on barnhart avenue in Sleepy Hollow/Tarrytown. There's also one thats in a big yellow house right by Pace Law school on N. Broadway in WP. Then you have YMCA/YWCA's all over the county that have rooms. There are plenty of places, and even more in the Bronx if your just looking for a room.

Craigslist would be your best bet, I can't really think of any other options than word of mouth for the most part.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:20 AM

1 posts, read 7,339 times
i looking for a room in ossining or peekskill area for oct 5th

Old 01-04-2018, 05:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,995 times
Hi I been looking for a room for about a year now n I can't seem to find anything for 590 a month that would take dss department of social services each month if anyone can help please let me know thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County