Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 07:25 PM

23 posts, read 261,782 times

Advertisements

I currently work for the nYC police dept and I have working section 8. I am looking for an apartment in north westchester. If there any one who know of an apartment thats available or about to become available please sent me the details. I am married with 4 children ages ranging from 15 yrs old to 22 months. I have 3 girls and 1 boy. My husband works for NYC housing authority so we are not people trying to beat the system we just have city jobs that do not pay like corporate jobs do. Please help us. Y0u can send me numbers to call or apartment for rent or if you have a friends or family member thats renting an apartment. Please do not judge us because you see the word section 8. It's not a dirty word its life and we are 2 people that live in it. The voucher is for 1,700 for 3 bedrooms. Have a blessed holiday.

Thanks,
Charlene
You can email me at mscharlene24@yahoo.com

Old 12-10-2007, 04:50 PM

I have section 8. I have not added him to the section 8 voucher. We got married after I already had the voucher.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:47 PM

1,552 posts, read 3,168,520 times
the hole thing is a joke
every government benenfit included tax benifits either help the rich or the poor and screw the middle class.
Dont wanna work, pumped out a few kids,here have some housing and free health care. Rich from property and stock sales (they may most people in this country get rich) no problem- 15 % tax on long term capital gains and no social security tax either.Great system. In many cases you're better of sitting on your lazy ass making no money than going out and making 35k a year especially if you have no dependants or deductions

The best part is this isnt even somebody the government has no idea about- they are married for ****s sake.There are records saying she is married-this is not some random boyfirend who lives with her. Goes to show you how efficient the govt is at catching people scamming tax dollars.

Most of the time programs like this are a complete waste anyway. They may help a few people out who are legitimately in need, but their is no accountability or responibilty by either the people receiving the money or the agencies giving it out. I really cant say I blame anyone who takes adavantage of this because I guess its better than working, paying a lot in taxes and watching someone elses rent get paid with your money while you struggle to get by.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:06 PM

1,552 posts, read 3,168,520 times
wow i just looked up how section at works in ny
for a family of 6 the max income is 41,000
what a joke
then you file as married so you get about 17,000 dollars off of the top for the standard deductin and exemptions, not to mention you can deduct your children ( i think capped at 2 around 10-11k a year-my numbers are probly off by a little bit)
So now you pay taxes on 15,000 dollars (im sure there are some other creidts im missing as well) which will come out to around 2000 dollars or so or less than 5 percent of your initial income leaving you with 13000 dollars and having no rent to pay. I guess take another 3-4 grand or so off for FICA and NY tax.

Now someone who works and makes 65000 a year is single no dependants will get completely bent over as far as taxes go and actually have to pay rent. That same person will pay around 20k if not a little more in total taxes and get no benefits whatsoever, accpet for the joy of paying their own rent, has, electricity instead of a nice 20,400 dollars of someone elses money to spend on rent.

City jobs while not high paying give great insurance benefits, its almost impossible to get fired and theres no way you only make 41k a year BY YOURSELF if youve been there for more than a few years. This doesnt even count your husbands income. If you wanna have 4 kids and 2 incomes with full health benefits, decent not great income, and dont wanna pay rent for YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES then go live in the ****ing street. Tax money down the toilet. Its nice that 5 or 6 people in hear who make LESS than you and your husbands combined pay pay as much combined in state tax for the year as you get for free housing.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:33 PM

2,806 posts, read 16,369,396 times
Section 8 is a scam. The whole idea of the system is flawed, even when people aren't milking the system (which is almost always). Section 8 was created so that people would only pay 1/3 of their income for rent.

Now, who the hell in this area only pays 1/3 of their income for rent? Most people I know pay more like 40-50% of their income for rent. Only the more well off or people living in stabilized apartments, for a while, pay 1/3 or less of their income for rent.

Most of the welfare programs out there are scammed by their recipients one way or another. Lots of people falsify their incomes so that they qualify for benefits.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
At least you admit that you are perpetrating fraud against us hard working taxpayers. And this also demonstrates what is wrong with government welfare programs. For every person who really needs food stamps, or Section 8, or another program, there are probably two people in the programs who don't deserve it.

Shame on you. Report both your incomes and you will see that you no longer qualify for Seciton 8. And that's the way it should be.
Who are you to judge me or my situation. I was asking about an apartment not about how much I make or my husband make. If you don't have nothing good to say don't say nothing at all. Keep your snooty comments too yourself. However, like I said I am a city employee and I pay just as much taxes as you or anyone else on this forum.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlefty23 View Post
the hole thing is a joke
every government benenfit included tax benifits either help the rich or the poor and screw the middle class.
Dont wanna work, pumped out a few kids,here have some housing and free health care. Rich from property and stock sales (they may most people in this country get rich) no problem- 15 % tax on long term capital gains and no social security tax either.Great system. In many cases you're better of sitting on your lazy ass making no money than going out and making 35k a year especially if you have no dependants or deductions

The best part is this isnt even somebody the government has no idea about- they are married for ****s sake.There are records saying she is married-this is not some random boyfirend who lives with her. Goes to show you how efficient the govt is at catching people scamming tax dollars.

Most of the time programs like this are a complete waste anyway. They may help a few people out who are legitimately in need, but their is no accountability or responibilty by either the people receiving the money or the agencies giving it out. I really cant say I blame anyone who takes adavantage of this because I guess its better than working, paying a lot in taxes and watching someone elses rent get paid with your money while you struggle to get by.
First of all nothing in life is free. Not that I have to explain anything too you or anyone else on this forum. I work I have since I had my first child at 19 yrs old. This is a govt assistance not a hand out on a corner program. If I am married or single I am entitle too what I have been approved for. I guess Since I drive a 2007 truck I am not entitle. I guess since I am educated with a bachelors of science degree from John jay college I am not entitled right. I guess since I am in Lehman college getting my masters for social work I am not entitled. Nobody is giving me nothing. Please do not judge me you don't know me. You wanna know anything about me ask me. No one can answer nothing about me better than me. Do not assume.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:42 PM

Default To answer you missy.........

And since you know the city dont pay a ton then you know to get NYCHA OR SECTION 8 for a family of six the max income is 75,000. Read the literature is on there website. You do have access to the computer right.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlefty23 View Post
wow i just looked up how section at works in ny
for a family of 6 the max income is 41,000
what a joke
then you file as married so you get about 17,000 dollars off of the top for the standard deductin and exemptions, not to mention you can deduct your children ( i think capped at 2 around 10-11k a year-my numbers are probly off by a little bit)
So now you pay taxes on 15,000 dollars (im sure there are some other creidts im missing as well) which will come out to around 2000 dollars or so or less than 5 percent of your initial income leaving you with 13000 dollars and having no rent to pay. I guess take another 3-4 grand or so off for FICA and NY tax.

Now someone who works and makes 65000 a year is single no dependants will get completely bent over as far as taxes go and actually have to pay rent. That same person will pay around 20k if not a little more in total taxes and get no benefits whatsoever, accpet for the joy of paying their own rent, has, electricity instead of a nice 20,400 dollars of someone elses money to spend on rent.

City jobs while not high paying give great insurance benefits, its almost impossible to get fired and theres no way you only make 41k a year BY YOURSELF if youve been there for more than a few years. This doesnt even count your husbands income. If you wanna have 4 kids and 2 incomes with full health benefits, decent not great income, and dont wanna pay rent for YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES then go live in the ****ing street. Tax money down the toilet. Its nice that 5 or 6 people in hear who make LESS than you and your husbands combined pay pay as much combined in state tax for the year as you get for free housing.
Wow, it sounds like you are really hating. Worrying about what I make and what my husband makes. Wow since you know so much where can I get an apartment with all my income my section 8 my 4 kids oh and I forgot to tell you my husband has custody of his 2 children. Guess what my insurance is the best in the city. I have 1199. How about that. Even better I don't even pay for that since you know so much know it all.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:05 PM

Well if these lazy ass workers do there jobs and just stop accepting all the recipient's so you say then there wont be so many people on these programs scamming the system. what ever I make I am entitle and I will get and and use it. Now if you can suggest anything in reference to what I posted then stay the f*ck of this thread. It would be appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County