U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 03:23 PM

12 posts, read 22,026 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the Mamaroneck suggestion. Will look into that!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 08:51 PM

425 posts, read 1,050,075 times
Check out Bronxville Avalon too. The are pricier however.

Old 07-06-2014, 09:26 PM

701 posts, read 1,258,756 times
We lived in 15 Bank Street for three years and were very happy there. It was without a doubt the most soundproof building I have ever lived in -- in three years I never heard noises from other apartments. It's also right across the street from Metro North (and you don't really hear the trains either). The place is pricey though.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:30 AM

3,719 posts, read 1,583,503 times
I never heard my neighbors at Avalon (lived in two apts during my 3 years). however, as someone mentioned, you can hear everything that goes on out in the hallways.. I lived in a 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom. The townhouses are nice. From what I remember they were renting for about 5,000 when I was there (the actual townhomes not apts above).. We paid 3200 base rent for the 2 bedroom plus the fees (trash, amenity fee, parking and dog fee).. I think the fees totaled about 200... I have had friends that lived in all the "luxury" buildings (one city, bank street, gramercy, trump, seasons....) and I think they are all about the same price.. Sometimes they have deals depending on availability so you should check them all out and see what they are offering. We bought a house in Mamaroneck last year (someone mentioned the Avalon there).. It may be a few hundred dollars cheaper however I have heard nightmare stories about that place. The top being the parking lot floods in heavy rain and people suffer damage. You may want to consider that. Good luck!

Old 07-07-2014, 09:22 AM

Thank you for your continued responses. Just found a new developer, VibeLiving, who has new properties (La Gianna, The Dylan) near The Westchester Mall and up on North Broadway (The Reed). The look nice but are unfortunately a hike to the MetroNorth.

We are headed to WP on 7/19 and 20 to visit several of these places. I'll keep you posted...

Old 07-07-2014, 08:58 PM

425 posts, read 1,050,075 times
I would stay away from Avalon in Mamaroneck. Its in the flatland area and has had flooding problems.

Old 07-08-2014, 11:21 AM

38 posts, read 64,692 times
You should also check out the Residences at Jefferson Place (300 Mamaroneck Ave.). They are condos so you would rent from an individual unit owner, but rentals often come available. Having lived here the past two years, I would say that the building is maybe a bit less polished than some of the other downtown buildings (City Place, Avalon, etc.), but I think that the rents for a 2-bedroom typically run a couple hundred bucks cheaper than those buildings. Even better is that there are none of the stupid extra fees--one parking space is typically included in rent, small dogs/cats usually included, no trash fee etc. You do pay for all utilities though.

The building has all the typical "luxury building" amenities--doorman, gym, parking garage, media room, etc. It is a bit further from the train than the other downtown buildings (over a mile), and although it's possible to walk it's not something most people would do on a regular basis. It is a short walk to the restaurants, movies, supermarket etc. on Mamaroneck Ave. and is right across from a 24-hour CVS which is very convenient. I actually like being walking distance to downtown but not right in it--it is in a quieter residential neighborhood and much easier for your guests to find parking on the street than the other buildings.

We're moving out at the end of August because we bought a house so our 2-bedroom will be available September 1. PM me if you'd like more info on that.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:19 PM

701 posts, read 1,258,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs317 View Post
You should also check out the Residences at Jefferson Place (300 Mamaroneck Ave.). They are condos so you would rent from an individual unit owner, but rentals often come available. Having lived here the past two years, I would say that the building is maybe a bit less polished than some of the other downtown buildings (City Place, Avalon, etc.), but I think that the rents for a 2-bedroom typically run a couple hundred bucks cheaper than those buildings. Even better is that there are none of the stupid extra fees--one parking space is typically included in rent, small dogs/cats usually included, no trash fee etc. You do pay for all utilities though.

The building has all the typical "luxury building" amenities--doorman, gym, parking garage, media room, etc. It is a bit further from the train than the other downtown buildings (over a mile), and although it's possible to walk it's not something most people would do on a regular basis. It is a short walk to the restaurants, movies, supermarket etc. on Mamaroneck Ave. and is right across from a 24-hour CVS which is very convenient. I actually like being walking distance to downtown but not right in it--it is in a quieter residential neighborhood and much easier for your guests to find parking on the street than the other buildings.

We're moving out at the end of August because we bought a house so our 2-bedroom will be available September 1. PM me if you'd like more info on that.
Problem is that Jefferson Place is not realistically walkable to the Metro North station, and that was one of the things the OP is looking for.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:22 AM

Thanks, ajs317. Yes, I've seen the postings for Jefferson Place. They do look nice and better priced than the others, but I will be commuting to Manhattan 5 days a week. I would dread the hike to the train station followed by a 1+ hour train ride.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:57 AM

38 posts, read 64,692 times
If you need to walk to the train, you'll be limited to the ones that you mentioned in your OP (plus the Seasons). One City Place is the farthest I would want to be to walk to the train every day. Where in Manhattan are you working? The Metro North ride is only around 40 minutes but subway time could add to that if you're working downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County