Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2014, 10:01 AM

1,252 posts, read 1,711,360 times

Advertisements

we've seen quite a few places. mainly two family homes which we'd prefer as i have read countless nightmare stories about some of the Avalon, Halstead and other big management run buildings in the area.

we just barely missed out on a great place at the Newport Towers in Harrison so now we're continuing the hunt.

tonight we're going to look at an apartment at "The Hill" in White Plains. i think it was an old reform school that has been redeveloped into a condo. anyone have any info on that?

been using CL and padmapper for my search and really trying to avoid paying broker fees.

thanks all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 01:02 PM

67 posts, read 187,098 times
Do a google search on "battle hill condos" and you'll get a lot of information (including floor plans). Good luck in your search!

Old 07-15-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizMamie View Post
Do a google search on "battle hill condos" and you'll get a lot of information (including floor plans). Good luck in your search!
we're going tonight but strangely i can't find MUCH info on the battle hill condos. even after Googling.

and i read a few posts on here that said its in a bad area.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:37 PM

287 posts, read 591,467 times
I know someone who lives in the Battle Hill condos. he likes the area a lot he says. Short walk to downtown. And he has plenty of money, and I bring that up only because if he didn't like it there, he would relocate. For what that's worth.

The battle of white plains (1778) took place on that hill.

I wonder how many musket balls are stuck in those hillsides.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian1776 View Post
I know someone who lives in the Battle Hill condos. he likes the area a lot he says. Short walk to downtown. And he has plenty of money, and I bring that up only because if he didn't like it there, he would relocate. For what that's worth.

The battle of white plains (1778) took place on that hill.

I wonder how many musket balls are stuck in those hillsides.
saw the place the other night. it was GORGEOUS. the building is unique.

a little pricey at $1900/mo. tho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County