U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2014, 03:18 PM

52 posts, read 147,929 times

Advertisements

I really need to find a local dentist asap. I have put it off for too long since we moved to the area. I know I need to continue some periodontal work so I want to find a dentist close to home as I probably will need to go more than twice a year. Unfortunately my dental insurance is not that great and has a very small network of dentists to choose from and most of the dentists I have heard mentioned are not in network.

It seems most of the dentist offices covered are small offices (no websites, little to no online reviews) so I thought I would see if anyone here is familar with some of the dentists. Any info good or bad would be much appreciated.

Some of the names are Dr. Mark Rosenstein and Dr. Ed Ladin in Larchmont, Dr. John Gargani and Dr. John Finelli in Mamaroneck.

There is also Drs. Michael and Victoria Sherman in New Rochelle whose office is also pretty close but again, could find no info on them and I bit of a apprehensive patient. Thanks in advance for any help
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 08:49 AM

5 posts, read 6,676 times
I work at an ortho in Larchmont. A lot of our patients love Rosenstein. Nothing but great things to say about him. Not sure of the others.

Old 09-16-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apureflame14 View Post
I work at an ortho in Larchmont. A lot of our patients love Rosenstein. Nothing but great things to say about him. Not sure of the others.
Thank you so much! It's so hard to just pick a name without some sort of referral. I will give him a try.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:47 PM

157 posts, read 311,518 times
I had been seeing the same dentist for 25 years. What had always put me off was his snotty attitude and terrible bedside manner. I'm sorry, even though you're named one of the best in the country, I can't tolerate your crappy attitude any longer!

Like you, I put off seeing a dentist for quite some time since I was so fed up with my dentist's crappy attitude and rude mannerisms.

So, I made a switch. I've recently been seeing Dr. Randy Lunenfeld of Village Family Dental in Tuckahoe. I know this is a little further out of your specified area, but the man is absolutely wonderful. I'll admit to being an absolute coward when it comes to dental work, but Dr. Lunenfeld has always made me feel 100% at ease and comfortable in his care. I absolutely, 100%, without a doubt recommend him and his staff! A quick Google search of his name will show you the many phenomenal reviews from various websites.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJS5689 View Post
I had been seeing the same dentist for 25 years. What had always put me off was his snotty attitude and terrible bedside manner. I'm sorry, even though you're named one of the best in the country, I can't tolerate your crappy attitude any longer!

So, I made a switch. I've recently been seeing Dr. Randy Lunenfeld of Village Family Dental in Tuckahoe. I know this is a little further out of your specified area, but the man is absolutely wonderful. I'll admit to being an absolute coward when it comes to dental work, but Dr. Lunenfeld has always made me feel 100% at ease and comfortable in his care. I absolutely, 100%, without a doubt recommend him and his staff!
Thanks for the recommendation but I have to stay in network for my dental insurance. Was your former dentist one of the ones I inquired about in my original post. The traits you mentioned would definitely turn me off too

Old 09-18-2014, 05:21 PM

157 posts, read 311,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mijv View Post
Thanks for the recommendation but I have to stay in network for my dental insurance. Was your former dentist one of the ones I inquired about in my original post. The traits you mentioned would definitely turn me off too
No problem! Sorry about that, I didn't realize you wanted to stay in network.

My former dentist was not one on the list. He is located in Harrison, NY.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:20 PM

161 posts, read 237,663 times
Dr. Jessica Hilburg in Valhalla. Honest and a nice manner about her. She also teaches dental students at Columbia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County