Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2014, 08:11 AM

41 posts, read 71,642 times

Advertisements

The wife and I will be closing on our new home in the coming weeks. It is located in White Plains zipcode but it is outside the city of White Plains and zoned for Ardsley schools. (All of these different boundaries can get confusing.)

Any tips any of you seasoned Westchester people can give a newbie is greatly apprecaited.

I understand that Greenburgh can get a tad overbearing when it comes to permit requirements for work being done on the property. We had our general contractor over at the house the other day and one thing we wanted to do was window replacement. He said that Greenburgh requires getting a permit for that. I don't see windows explicitly cited but sidings and facades on the building require permit so windows may as well. Can anybody chime in?

Also can any one provide some insight on the permitting process for installing a shed? I read on the Greenburgh site that a permit is required for a shet and it cannot be bigger than 150 sq ft and 10 feet tall. However, the property already has a small shed for tools and lawn equipment and if I want to upgrade this shed, do I need to file? Also, would the installation of a shed cause an increase in my property tax assessment and hence an increase to the taxes. I'm thinking abotu a shed that will be at the max of the 150 sq ft limit.

Thanks y'all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
View detailed profiles of: