Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2006, 11:19 PM

5 posts, read 100,910 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Is anyone familiar with the Granada Crescent complex in Greenburgh? I work in Westchester but have been commuting from Long Island for 3 years, which is taking its toll. I am semi-familiar with the area now, but not so familiar with where to live/where not to live. I've been saving money hoping to buy a condo or townhouse, and unfortunately the prices have skyrocketed in the 3 years since I first started working in this area. Granada Crescent seems to be reasonably priced, though I've never visited the complex to check it out. Can anyone share info?

I'm also debating Westchester vs Stamford, CT, if anyone has thought on this. I do not want to live in a high-rise building or overly crowded neighborhood. I know, hard to avoid...but I'm not interested in living in downtown White Plains, Yonkers, etc. I need some grass, trees and off-street parking. I'm also anti-co-op - might as well pay to rent in that case.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2007, 10:58 AM

2 posts, read 19,785 times
Default Move to White Plains

Quote:
Originally Posted by need2move View Post
Hi,

Is anyone familiar with the Granada Crescent complex in Greenburgh? I work in Westchester but have been commuting from Long Island for 3 years, which is taking its toll. I am semi-familiar with the area now, but not so familiar with where to live/where not to live. I've been saving money hoping to buy a condo or townhouse, and unfortunately the prices have skyrocketed in the 3 years since I first started working in this area. Granada Crescent seems to be reasonably priced, though I've never visited the complex to check it out. Can anyone share info?

I'm also debating Westchester vs Stamford, CT, if anyone has thought on this. I do not want to live in a high-rise building or overly crowded neighborhood. I know, hard to avoid...but I'm not interested in living in downtown White Plains, Yonkers, etc. I need some grass, trees and off-street parking. I'm also anti-co-op - might as well pay to rent in that case.

Thanks!
Hi I saw your post about Granada Crescent in White Plains. I actually lived there for a couple years in the mid 90s. I loved it, big bright suny rooms, huge apartment. If you are lloking for an apartment there or anywhere in Westchester email me and I will suggest something for you

Last edited by johnkobeck; 01-01-2007 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: removed my link, iam new and did not read the rules

Old 03-23-2007, 12:26 AM

2,806 posts, read 16,365,289 times
Do you have kids? Greenburgh's school system isn't that great. You might want to factor that in.

Old 03-25-2007, 05:00 PM

5 posts, read 100,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mead View Post
Do you have kids? Greenburgh's school system isn't that great. You might want to factor that in.
I have heard that about the schools, but no, I don't have kids. I would probably be looking at a 1 bedroom unit, so I suppose the schools wouldn't factor into future resale either (anything with 2+ bedrooms I would think that might be an issue). Am I wrong?

Last edited by Viralmd; 05-27-2008 at 05:30 AM..

Old 11-27-2007, 11:06 AM

490 posts, read 1,787,766 times
Default Grenada/Stamford

Hi!!!

I you are looking to move, stick with Westchester and forget Stamford. Stamford is very crowded, ugly and expensive. It does not have much quality of life, I think. Never been at Grenada (I have a child so I don't consider Greenburgh because of the schools) but what I hear is positive. A one bed at Grenada is a good choice.

Best luck in your search.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:36 PM

178 posts, read 667,261 times
I have known several people who lived in Granada Crescent and have sold a few units there. He people who live there seem to like it a lot. There is a pool, a lagoon and an exercise room.

Spacious and reasonably priced.

All the best!

Kevin O'Shea

Old 04-21-2015, 09:59 AM

1 posts, read 4,950 times
Granada Crescent is very nice, and very comfortable. The one drawback that I do not like, is that there is no assigned parking. The Town of Greenburgh has very good services, which is always a plus. The buses run in front of the complex, and the train station(s) is a short ride away. If you have a choice, do pick the 2nd or 3rd floors. If there are ever any problem with sewage lines, the 1st floor is affected very negatively.

Larry C
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County