Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 04:11 PM

73 posts, read 142,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
If you park on a county road without a marked parking lane, you will be ticketed. There is no parking on almost all Westchester county roads. There are some places where this is overlooked, but near train stations they enforce it.

I am not sure I understand the notion of free parking and what you claim is your politics. My understanding of tea party conservatives is championing the idea of individual responsibility. Tea Party supporters seek to avoid having to pay taxes to support others, but never shirk paying for government services that they utilize. In public parking areas, you pay for exactly what you use yourself. It is as conservative and tea party supported as one can get. It sounds like you are not a tea partier, but instead you are just cheap and someone who wants handouts from the government. It sounds like you want to just take as much as you can from the tax paying public. It sounds like you want me to pay for your parking in my taxes for public roads not designed for parking. It sounds like you want me to pay for the damage you cause to unpaved shoulders, and for the run off from your car. It sounds like you are just trying to take all you can from the taxpayers who support themselves. How dare you call yourself a tea party member. You are just another one looking for a government handout at the expense of the real tea party members.

Keep politics out of it. You are just cheap. It has nothing to do with politics. Pay the parking fee, or park at a park and ride and take the bus.
You make a good argument and are right, I will pay the parking fees because I am getting a service in return.

I am a true tea party member and if paying the fees is what I need to do then I will do it. I do not want the government to tax more when only some people use the parking lots.

You have changed my opinion of parking fees, I would rather pay the fees than have the govt increase property taxes more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shify View Post
I would think parking fees and tolls would be exactly what a tea partier would be fine with. It is paid for only by the people that use it. No unfair taxation, no "moochers', no paying for something you don't want or need.
I should be free to park on the shoulder of public roads because my tax dollars pay for these roads.

I don't think I should park in the MTA lots without paying, that would be stealing or mooching.

Parking on public easment should be allowed.

Old 02-17-2015, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kletter1mann View Post
What the hell are you talking about? Gimme a break. If you seek non-interference then go off the grid and live in a cave. If you want to live among the rest of us and use the shared infrastructure then you can contribute like everyone else. Ayn Rand would quite certainly put you into the category of "moocher." But I must admit, it's guys like you that make the interwebs entertaining.
I am not a moocher

I am more than happy to pay the MTA fees to park in their lots. But I am not trying to park in the lots.

I am simply looking for country roads close to metro north stations that have a public easment for parking.

You know what I will buy the parking pass just to prove to you I am not a moocher, the check is in the mail tomorrow.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:39 PM

59 posts, read 147,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matlabmaster99 View Post
I am not a moocher

I am more than happy to pay the MTA fees to park in their lots. But I am not trying to park in the lots.

I am simply looking for country roads close to metro north stations that have a public easment for parking.

You know what I will buy the parking pass just to prove to you I am not a moocher, the check is in the mail tomorrow.
"Country roads" near a Metro North station LOL

Old 02-18-2015, 05:33 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,575,198 times
Just park anywhere. Parking fines are unconstitutional. LOL.

Actually, I do know a few secret parking spots near Metro North stations but since the tea party isn't into sharing . . . .

Old 02-19-2015, 04:37 PM

29 posts, read 49,000 times
plenty of free all day parking near some of yonkers metronorth stations, actually about 200 yards away.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:42 PM

2,619 posts, read 7,031,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greystonestation View Post
plenty of free all day parking near some of yonkers metronorth stations, actually about 200 yards away.
OP wouldn't last 10 minutes down there, for many reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
View detailed profiles of: