U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 02:09 PM

73 posts, read 111,996 times

Advertisements

As a tea party member I am not in favor of paying to park my car.

So I was wondering if anyone knows of free parking spots along a country road near the metro north stations in Northern Westchester.

I realize that if you amoratize the cost of the parking pass its only like $1 per day but I like to think I am beating the system even if its more effort than its worth.

After looking on google maps street view I have found that most of the metro north stations are locked down pretty good with no parking signs where people are likely to try and park for free.

Also have you heard of anyone being ticketed for parking on a country road even if there aren't any no parking signs if they park there every day and walk to metro north?

Thanks

matlabmaster.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 08:00 PM

2,478 posts, read 5,739,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matlabmaster99 View Post

So I was wondering if anyone knows of free parking spots along a country road near the metro north stations in Northern Westchester.

I realize that if you amoratize the cost of the parking pass its only like $1 per day but I like to think I am beating the system even if its more effort than its worth.

After looking on google maps street view I have found that most of the metro north stations are locked down pretty good with no parking signs where people are likely to try and park for free.

Also have you heard of anyone being ticketed for parking on a country road even if there aren't any no parking signs if they park there every day and walk to metro north?

Thanks

matlabmaster.
As a member of the thinking citizenry, who believe that all individuals have an obligation to the common welfare, I find your suggestion reprehensible. Your line of reasoning, if extended to all of us, further plunges us all into anarchy. Maybe that's the idea?

Regardless, If I see an illegally parked car in those areas you can be sure I'll call the cops.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:22 PM

73 posts, read 111,996 times
I am not advocating parking illegally,

I am in favor of free parking on public easements of country roads.

Many of the lots have waiting lists, and parking 5-10 min away from the station is a way you can still attend the station that is in your town.

I would not even go to a populated area close to a train station if I didn't have to, the government traps me in to paying their fees whenever I go to a densely populated area I end up paying for parking tolls...ect. But when I am out in the country I never have to pay tolls, parking fees...ect

Old 02-17-2015, 07:24 AM

729 posts, read 604,709 times
Matlabmaster with another completely ridiculous post. Again, I don't know if you're the most brilliant troll ever who is laughing at us, or if you're a completely delusional kid who has been brainwashed by Fox News. You realize this is the Westchester County, NY forum, correct? The county just north of NYC which is highly educated, highly populated, solidly liberal, and very much tied to NYC, correct? Your anarchist comments about country roads and farms, etc. seem better suited to an Idaho or Wyoming forum, and I suspect you'll find a lot less disdain for your "tea party" label over there.

I'm not a fan of overpaying for parking myself, but I value convenience and am certainly fine with paying for MTA/government parking. Especially in bad winter weather, it's nice to be close to the train and to have a snow plowed place to park.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:43 AM

901 posts, read 884,096 times
Quote:

Thanks

matlabmaster.
If you park on a county road without a marked parking lane, you will be ticketed. There is no parking on almost all Westchester county roads. There are some places where this is overlooked, but near train stations they enforce it.

I am not sure I understand the notion of free parking and what you claim is your politics. My understanding of tea party conservatives is championing the idea of individual responsibility. Tea Party supporters seek to avoid having to pay taxes to support others, but never shirk paying for government services that they utilize. In public parking areas, you pay for exactly what you use yourself. It is as conservative and tea party supported as one can get. It sounds like you are not a tea partier, but instead you are just cheap and someone who wants handouts from the government. It sounds like you want to just take as much as you can from the tax paying public. It sounds like you want me to pay for your parking in my taxes for public roads not designed for parking. It sounds like you want me to pay for the damage you cause to unpaved shoulders, and for the run off from your car. It sounds like you are just trying to take all you can from the taxpayers who support themselves. How dare you call yourself a tea party member. You are just another one looking for a government handout at the expense of the real tea party members.

Keep politics out of it. You are just cheap. It has nothing to do with politics. Pay the parking fee, or park at a park and ride and take the bus.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:39 AM

2,478 posts, read 5,739,247 times
Quote:
I am not advocating parking illegally,

I am in favor of free parking on public easements of country roads.

Many of the lots have waiting lists, and parking 5-10 min away from the station is a way you can still attend the station that is in your town.

I would not even go to a populated area close to a train station if I didn't have to, the government traps me in to paying their fees whenever I go to a densely populated area I end up paying for parking tolls...ect. But when I am out in the country I never have to pay tolls, parking fees...ect
What the hell are you talking about? Gimme a break. If you seek non-interference then go off the grid and live in a cave. If you want to live among the rest of us and use the shared infrastructure then you can contribute like everyone else. Ayn Rand would quite certainly put you into the category of "moocher." But I must admit, it's guys like you that make the interwebs entertaining.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:13 AM

12 posts, read 16,834 times
I would think parking fees and tolls would be exactly what a tea partier would be fine with. It is paid for only by the people that use it. No unfair taxation, no "moochers', no paying for something you don't want or need.

Old 02-17-2015, 10:53 AM

901 posts, read 884,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shify View Post
I would think parking fees and tolls would be exactly what a tea partier would be fine with. It is paid for only by the people that use it. No unfair taxation, no "moochers', no paying for something you don't want or need.
that is exactly right. this guy is no tea party member. He is just too cheap to pay for what he wants to personally use, or he wants free handouts at the expense of others.

Old 02-17-2015, 12:38 PM

5,588 posts, read 6,355,926 times
Shh...I'm keeping it a secret.

Old 02-17-2015, 01:25 PM

221 posts, read 451,918 times
Get your gov't hands off my Social Security!

-- Tea Party circa 2012
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or