Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2021, 06:04 AM

2,208 posts, read 2,149,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post

Ossining is 35.3% white according to City-Data. Not sure where you guys are getting 60-70%.
The 2020 census data is not yet available. the 2010 data has the Town of Ossining at 70% white and the Village of Ossining at 60% white. The new data obviously may adjust these figures. I am not sure what your data is based on, but if there is a different source, I am interested in reading it. Please share a link or other description if you can. thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2021, 06:54 AM

93,185 posts, read 123,783,345 times
^This is where the 2020 information was posted for both the village and town of Ossining: https://www.city-data.com/forum/62169636-post38.html

Old 11-08-2022, 08:38 AM

15 posts, read 12,415 times
Honestly, this whole forum just shows how racist it can get with these pearl clutching whites who are in Westchester. Claiming it's full of illegals and Hispanics are everywhere, is quite hilarious when you look at the data and daily life there.

My family was told the same thing when my family moved to Long Island. That a group of latinos in our town were illegals. Lol... They stuck together yet one father was a lawyer for a non-profit and another was a diplomat.

Go to the town yourself and make your own judgement. Spend a day grabbing lunch, going to a coffee shop, and speaking to the people there. Don't bother with the fear monger racists on these forums.

Old 11-08-2022, 08:58 AM

139 posts, read 211,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL997 View Post
Honestly, this whole forum just shows how racist it can get with these pearl clutching whites who are in Westchester. Claiming it's full of illegals and Hispanics are everywhere, is quite hilarious when you look at the data and daily life there.
Upper class people in Westchester don't say that out loud. They say the school rankings aren't up to par.

It's code for the same thing.

Old 11-09-2022, 11:20 AM

85 posts, read 57,058 times
Quote:

My family was told the same thing when my family moved to Long Island. That a group of latinos in our town were illegals. Lol... They stuck together yet one father was a lawyer for a non-profit and another was a diplomat.

Go to the town yourself and make your own judgement. Spend a day grabbing lunch, going to a coffee shop, and speaking to the people there. Don't bother with the fear monger racists on these forums.
I live in Ossining, go to the farmers market on a saturday and see who is using their wooden nickels to buy organic cherries at 10$ a pound. See what shops down town what they are selling, see the type of restaurants. That will tell you all you need to know. Visit the pre-k program for a dose of reality. Religion plays a part in having more than 2 kids?

Old 12-20-2022, 12:19 PM

562 posts, read 1,057,924 times
Quote:
That's exactly what I did 10 years ago before moving to Ossining and still glad we made that decision. My daughter is now in kindergarten, and we couldn't be happier with the dual-language program and the opportunities she has gotten through the school.

Old 01-20-2023, 01:54 PM

15 posts, read 12,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what_the_what View Post
Upper class people in Westchester don't say that out loud. They say the school rankings aren't up to par.

It's code for the same thing.
lol so true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County