U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2015, 12:47 PM

12 posts, read 12,828 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

My Fiancee and I are moving from the UES to Westchester in May. We are looking to rent an apartment, and have been looking in the area of Hastings-on-Hudson, Dobbs Ferry, Scarsdale/Hartsdale. Budget is around $1500-1600, and preferably with a place with parking, and close to the Metro-North. Anyone have any recommendations on places or tips in looking for a place?

Thanks in advance!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 06:59 PM

7,142 posts, read 10,677,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJD97 View Post
Budget is around $1500-1600, and preferably with a place with parking, and close to the Metro-North.
How about Port Chester or parts of New Rochelle?

Old 03-17-2015, 06:28 AM

192 posts, read 329,362 times
Quote:
Hello all,

My Fiancee and I are moving from the UES to Westchester in May. We are looking to rent an apartment, and have been looking in the area of Hastings-on-Hudson, Dobbs Ferry, Scarsdale/Hartsdale. Budget is around $1500-1600, and preferably with a place with parking, and close to the Metro-North. Anyone have any recommendations on places or tips in looking for a place?

Thanks in advance!
The areas you are looking at are great areas, however, I don't see you finding a place for $1500-1600 a month in those areas. Those areas are pretty expensive to live in specially Scarsdale. Have you tried looking in White Plains?

Old 03-17-2015, 06:51 AM

1,252 posts, read 1,408,164 times
Quote:
Hello all,

Thanks in advance!
i rent a newly-renovated, 1 br in dobbs ferry for 1650 with 1 parking spot and plenty of on-street parking.

i don't love the town so i am looking to leave. but you can find places within your budget (or close to it).

Old 03-18-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastlife View Post
i rent a newly-renovated, 1 br in dobbs ferry for 1650 with 1 parking spot and plenty of on-street parking.

i don't love the town so i am looking to leave. but you can find places within your budget (or close to it).
That is interesting, when we went by Dobbs yesterday, I didn't think there would be a place in the area that had it's own parking, only street. If you don't mind me asking, where are you living currently?

Old 03-20-2015, 01:19 PM

7 posts, read 9,685 times
Hi, Hartsdale is a great town. I am currently selling my co-op on E.Hartsdale Ave. Walking distance to Metro-North with a 30 minute commute to Grand Central. Plenty of on street parking, but there is also a church on Columbia Ave where we park our cars. Awesome town too! has everything from drugstores to a brick oven restaurant and frozen yogurt shop. I've lived here for 9 years so let me know if you have further questions on the area. Thanks!

Old 03-26-2015, 07:20 AM

Small bump.

Has anyone ever had a hard time getting in contact with realtors/property managers? I must have e-mailed 3-4 of them in the past week and none have gotten back to me. Getting a little frustrating.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:26 AM

4,762 posts, read 673,019 times
Quote:
Small bump.

Has anyone ever had a hard time getting in contact with realtors/property managers? I must have e-mailed 3-4 of them in the past week and none have gotten back to me. Getting a little frustrating.
I haven't encountered it myself, but I've heard of it plenty, especially in Westchester. It's unfortunate, but almost all the agents I've met seem to prioritize sales (more money for them) over rentals. Only when they have nothing else left on their schedule do they follow up on their rental leads. They're trained to work that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County