Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 04:16 PM

866 posts, read 2,484,318 times

Advertisements

OMG please learn the difference between your and you're. THIS is what will make you come across as ignorant on a message board!!!

There, I said it. You're welcome to everyone else thinking the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 07:22 PM

41 posts, read 63,064 times
Bronxville isn't that rich, and its near by to many things and other areas... If you look around the country the prices there are fantastic considering where it is and what it looks like. I am moving there as well.
I am from Greatneck, you might want to look there too. It rocks.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:44 PM

Location: Westchester County, NY -> Pinellas County, FL -> Dutchess County, NY -> Denver?
348 posts, read 535,358 times
Properties are expensive and rent is higher. Otherwise, it is quite affordable relative to ones earnings. They have good doctors if you care.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:43 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,345,683 times
There are a ton of good restaurants and bars, and an excellent grocery/produce shop about a mile away in Fleetwood.

Old 10-11-2015, 04:35 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,557,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan8928 View Post
Bronxville isn't that rich, and its near by to many things and other areas... If you look around the country the prices there are fantastic considering where it is and what it looks like. I am moving there as well.
I am from Greatneck, you might want to look there too. It rocks.

Preach I don't think ppl who claim Bronxville is rich have ever been to the Poconos or Greenwich.

Bronxville IS upper middle class.

In case ppl havn't noticed, like Scarsdale and many other places ppl think are "upstate" Bronxville avg median household income is little shy of $200,000K. Now you probably like noooo those big houses welp just like in Scarsdale and the other counties nearby, the residents inherited their homes. Ever heard of the term old money? Next, before you guess some more, many of the residents are RICH not WEALTHY else trust me wouldn't be living here as we do have a tendency to 1 up each other. There is a difference and if you don't know don't bother posting in here. The reason for why upper middle class label however despite huge salaries is fairly simple. In a nutshell, sure mama and papa together make $190,000K, but guess what the ppl living there also got 190,000K expenses and surprise surprise the majority of their wealth is actually in assets such as the multi million dollar homes they live in and not cold hard cash. Needless to say the quality of living is exemplary get what you paid for, but they ain't flying to Dubai, London, Tokyo, Moscow 3 times a year while driving/renting Lambos or Porsche 911. In fact, tbh I have never seen a race car in these neck of the woods. Mostly luxury cars that depreciate in value and become worthless after 3 years. Like I said old money, they invest it save it, give it to next generation.

Last edited by MilksFavoriteCookie; 10-11-2015 at 04:53 PM..

Old 10-11-2015, 06:00 PM

115 posts, read 213,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilksFavoriteCookie View Post
Preach I don't think ppl who claim Bronxville is rich have ever been to the Poconos or Greenwich.

Bronxville IS upper middle class.

In case ppl havn't noticed, like Scarsdale and many other places ppl think are "upstate" Bronxville avg median household income is little shy of $200,000K. Now you probably like noooo those big houses welp just like in Scarsdale and the other counties nearby, the residents inherited their homes. Ever heard of the term old money? Next, before you guess some more, many of the residents are RICH not WEALTHY else trust me wouldn't be living here as we do have a tendency to 1 up each other. There is a difference and if you don't know don't bother posting in here. The reason for why upper middle class label however despite huge salaries is fairly simple. In a nutshell, sure mama and papa together make $190,000K, but guess what the ppl living there also got 190,000K expenses and surprise surprise the majority of their wealth is actually in assets such as the multi million dollar homes they live in and not cold hard cash. Needless to say the quality of living is exemplary get what you paid for, but they ain't flying to Dubai, London, Tokyo, Moscow 3 times a year while driving/renting Lambos or Porsche 911. In fact, tbh I have never seen a race car in these neck of the woods. Mostly luxury cars that depreciate in value and become worthless after 3 years. Like I said old money, they invest it save it, give it to next generation.
Just because a place is not AS rich as Greenwich, does not mean that it's not rich. Obviously, someone living in a very small home that they bought many years ago may not be loaded, but most people in Bronxville are not in that situation.

Old money is still money, and these people have to have either a good income or a lot of cold hard cash to pay the property tax bill, which I believe averages around 50k/year.

Old 10-17-2015, 10:31 PM

186 posts, read 220,167 times
Consider the only grocery store Bronxville has is A&P and I think everyone can agree A&P is an expensive supermarket.
Yeah be prepared to pay a good sum of money to live there .. however it does come with peace and quiet and that nice trail that runs up to white plains if you like to bike or run and right by the train ..

Personally I consider Fleetwood and bronxville retirement homes but nothing much to do there .. and commuting to the city is cool but remember trains stop running at 2:30 and then you must wait till 5 for the first trains leaving grand central
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County