Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 01:18 PM

56 posts, read 78,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ld75 View Post
Not sure if you're trying to sound intelligent or what...
- No I'm trying to sound like you.

but it sounds more like garbage to me. Kids need to be around other kids at an early age. That's where they learn social skills at an early age which will in turn help them in life as they grown up.
So what is your point? Have your read the posts on this thread from the begining? I already addressed the idea that the only place were kids can socialize and develop social skills are schools.

Get you head out of sand, there are numerous other options, better then those you are used to for sure. There is hope, don't be so pessimistic, turn off your TV and start thinking for yourself. Get some social education. Feel free to start here:"Are Homeschooled children smarter?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGp4KFLuQNc

Last edited by MeaningIntheMeanwhile; 06-27-2016 at 01:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2016, 11:26 AM

694 posts, read 1,200,281 times
If one spouse has a job rather than a career where his/her salary barely covers childcare, time for that spouse to stay home.

Old 07-02-2016, 05:54 AM

19,149 posts, read 16,976,197 times
/\

I agree with the above poster, my spouse stayed home for 10 years because her income potential would only cover the day care and was not worth it. I was in the military and more often than not she was a single parent when I was deployed. You really can make it on one salary you just have less disposable income.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:44 PM

4 posts, read 8,226 times
IMO, Unless you are in a job where the 7-10 years of career will make a major difference, I would stay at home.

That said, I believe that you need to be very trusting that your relationship will continue and would recommend to at least try something part time.

I have a friend where taking off would take her off the income growth plan where she would be making mid 6 figures in 7-10 years while also having a home/work balance. Her income until then barely covered her children's daycare but she felt it was worth it. she got her promotion in the 5th year, ended up working more than was expected but felt fulfilled professionally. When her spouse decided that things were over between her and him in the 10th year, they were able to split relatively amicably without undue financial burden on either of them.

I have another friend who quit her job which wasn't a growth job and needed spousal support which was a burden on everyone until she could get a job that allowed her to stand on her own. That said, she was able to get a job that fit her credentials relatively quickly which may or maynot be the case for other men/women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
View detailed profiles of: