Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 06:38 AM

130 posts, read 179,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
That's the kind of attitude the OP projected.
No, no, no. You said "from what I know, Roaring Brook is the envy of many public (and some private) schools".

I asked you what do you know precisely because I know the opposite. From what I know, RBS, as an institution, is going through a results slump. And this slump, many parents fear, is due to several years of unqualified people being hired for positions that are beyond their capabilities.

Like I said, one of the reasons why we asked for the résumés is because we KNEW that some of the folks that were rejected had A LOT more experience, hence would've been a lot more beneficial for the school, than someone (Fishkin) who doesn't have much experience in running a school (but is easily coerced and would do her utmost to preserve the culture of finger-appointing unqualified individuals that has invaded RBS).

Like I said, it's a cancer. And many parents are getting fed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 02:29 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,864,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobslander View Post
No, no, no. You said "from what I know, Roaring Brook is the envy of many public (and some private) schools".

I asked you what do you know precisely because I know the opposite. From what I know, RBS, as an institution, is going through a results slump. And this slump, many parents fear, is due to several years of unqualified people being hired for positions that are beyond their capabilities.
Does this results slump show Ossining exceeding RB in academic performance or cost of a household to send each child becoming more expensive than Hackley? Perhaps.

Old 09-14-2016, 02:01 PM

72 posts, read 130,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobslander View Post
Legend has it 200+ experienced applicants were considered. Yet, anyone looking into Amy's résumé would be able to ascertain that Ms. Fishkin, with only five years of experience in the administrative field of the education sector (most of her experience is in a teaching capacity,) ISN'T a qualified person. At least not AS qualified as some of the applicants that were deemed "not apt" by the "neutral" board.

This person was finger-appointed by Generalissima McKay, and I, for one, find that appalling. I find it appalling that tenures, positions and anything that smells like a good pay/pension are decided upon by members of boards that vote each other up the rank of command. Lyn McKay is a good example of it: She's getting 240k annually + car + all the perks that come with "The Gift". She was finger appointed by someone else in another abhorrent exercise of apparently "transparent" intent to hire the most brilliant educators, while the principal's office at RBS was getting inundated with résumés from EXTREMELY EXPERIENCED folks from the 50 states of this Great Nation... and they always seem to end up hiring internally. Huh?!

Lyn McKay recommended a "tool" for the principal spot. Not someone that is going to rattle the cage in the interest of the academic future of the school, she hired someone that isn't going to answer back. That's what McKay means when she says that Amy "is a good communicator," she says the things Lyn wants to hear. This is corruption at its best.

People like McKay are a cancer for ANY school system. And cancers spread.

You've been warned.
Thanks for the info, Mr. Slander.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
Does this results slump show Ossining exceeding RB in academic performance or cost of a household to send each child becoming more expensive than Hackley? Perhaps.
Ah! I see what you're saying. It's my fault because I misinterpreted the "from what I know" for you actually having RBS-specific information. You're talking comparatively with the surrounding school systems.

Got it.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl2000 View Post
Thanks for the info, Mr. Slander.
You do know the whole McKay crime family is being investigated for the Schraufnagel scandal right? Anyone "made" by Da Boss McKay (that includes recommendations and finger-appointments) is going to get grilled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
View detailed profiles of: