Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 12:16 PM

130 posts, read 179,201 times

Advertisements

Legend has it 200+ experienced applicants were considered. Yet, anyone looking into Amy's résumé would be able to ascertain that Ms. Fishkin, with only five years of experience in the administrative field of the education sector (most of her experience is in a teaching capacity,) ISN'T a qualified person. At least not AS qualified as some of the applicants that were deemed "not apt" by the "neutral" board.

This person was finger-appointed by Generalissima McKay, and I, for one, find that appalling. I find it appalling that tenures, positions and anything that smells like a good pay/pension are decided upon by members of boards that vote each other up the rank of command. Lyn McKay is a good example of it: She's getting 240k annually + car + all the perks that come with "The Gift". She was finger appointed by someone else in another abhorrent exercise of apparently "transparent" intent to hire the most brilliant educators, while the principal's office at RBS was getting inundated with résumés from EXTREMELY EXPERIENCED folks from the 50 states of this Great Nation... and they always seem to end up hiring internally. Huh?!

Lyn McKay recommended a "tool" for the principal spot. Not someone that is going to rattle the cage in the interest of the academic future of the school, she hired someone that isn't going to answer back. That's what McKay means when she says that Amy "is a good communicator," she says the things Lyn wants to hear. This is corruption at its best.

People like McKay are a cancer for ANY school system. And cancers spread.

You've been warned.

Last edited by Jakobslander; 08-28-2016 at 12:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2016, 12:44 PM

When David (Fleishman) decided to step down, some neighbors voiced their concern that the board was ONCE AGAIN going to promote a goombah or a goomah (internally). We were assured, left and right that the process was going to be kept as transparent as possible. They went as far as hiring one of the neighbors to the board as a sort of a passive observer.

In the end, they hired internally, and when asked to produce the finalists' applications so that we, the taxpayers (meaning the OWNERS of the school,) could review the résumés and bring forth any complaints/irregularities, they (the administrators) refused based on the fact that some of the finalists were then currently employed by other school systems and did not want to run the risk of getting found out. We asked them to produce the résumés of those finalists that did not care, and they refused without base.

Folks, THIS is exactly how you bring down an extremely efficient school system.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:03 AM

7,296 posts, read 11,858,718 times
From what I know, Roaring Brook is the envy of many public (and some private) schools. Why would you want to rattle the cage?

Old 08-29-2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
From what I know, Roaring Brook is the envy of many public (and some private) schools. Why would you want to rattle the cage?
What do YOU know?

Old 08-29-2016, 05:27 PM

/\/\

I already said it in my post

Old 08-30-2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
/\/\

I already said it in my post
"Envy" is not something we can measure, hence my question.

Fact of the matter is that RBS ranks unfavorably when compared to all the schools in the New Castle district.

Old 08-30-2016, 02:06 PM

195 posts, read 296,985 times
Forest Hills Daddy - Looking at greatschools, Roaring Brook is rated a 9 while most of the Chappaqua K-4 are a 10, so obviously it's severely lacking

Old 08-30-2016, 02:23 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymtea View Post
Forest Hills Daddy - Looking at greatschools, Roaring Brook is rated a 9 while most of the Chappaqua K-4 are a 10, so obviously it's severely lacking
Being rated a 9 is poor because someone else is a 10 on a site like GS.Net ....

You all deserve what you get.

Old 08-30-2016, 02:42 PM

195 posts, read 296,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post

Apparently sarcasm is a difficult thing to convey online.....

Old 08-30-2016, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post

That's the kind of attitude the OP projected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
View detailed profiles of: