Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2008, 01:37 PM

4 posts, read 22,112 times

Advertisements

Unique location - so close to the water. Are there ever any issues with flooding there? How cold does it get there in the winter? The railroad is also really, really close. How much of a nuisance is it? Those railroad facilities look like they operate 24/7 - do they? I heard they have a van that takes you to the train - no traffic/parking headaches! How often does it run? Is it dependable?

I worry about "Location, Location, Location." Anybody know anything about this place? Do you have to be a boat owner to fit in there?

Thanks much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 05:31 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,055,167 times
i moved out of ny a few years back so my information is a little dated.

croton is a nice place to live. i traveled there to my friend's house for over 20 years. family friendly. the train is very convenient which is great.
i used to commute to manhattan from there. when i was there the train didn't run 24/7. it stopped running after midnight thru around 5am.

flooding, ugh i remember parking my car in the lot once and all the water sank to this one spot since the lot was unlevel. i didn't realize it as i was running late and i stopped in a puddle almost knee deep.

if ur taking a bus to there, it shouldnt be an issue then. the cold weather wouldnt be a problem either if ur taking a bus to there as well. if it snowed, usually u had to dig ur car out and clean it from the snow that fell on it.

the other thing, the malls are a little bit of a commute. 15-20 minutes to the JV Mall or the White plains malls.

hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County