Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2016, 08:02 PM

5 posts, read 4,491 times

Advertisements

We are moving to New York in December, and tentatively looking at White Plains to rent a house. My husband needs to commute to Yorktown Heights and I will need to commute to Grand Central during the work week. (We are open to other locations, basically needing a place that is equidistant and below a 40 minute commute either way between Yorktown Heights and Grand Central.)

So, we are looking for a good nursery/pre-k for my toddler who will be 2 years old in March of 2017, so that we can also decide on a house for rental based on where the nursery is. I understand that most places need to be contacted well in advance, so this post is intending to find out what some of the good places around are. I am flexible about considering both full time and part-time options, the most important thing for us being that the place is really good.

I am interested in a play based nursery, and if they have a focus on providing/encouraging healthy eating options, that would be great. But in general, I am looking for recommendations on part time/full time nursery schools, that we can plan to visit when we get there in January, 2017.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 07:02 AM

48 posts, read 100,669 times
Some of the Nursery schools /Day Care in the area include Bright Horizons, YWCA, Ridgeway Nursery School, The Montessori Garden, White Plains Presbyterian Nursery School &[SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2]The Early Childhood Center at Memorial United Methodist Church[/SIZE]. I have toured Bright Horizons and was really impressed but they only had full time slots at the time so I ended up sending my kids to the YWCA and was really happy with the programs offered. Most 'Nursery' programs for 2 - 3 years olds are half day - so you may want to find something that has day care offered as well if you end up needing care for the full day. Most places will offer a tour - so I highly recommend taking them up on that offer.

Old 10-12-2016, 07:53 AM

218 posts, read 604,279 times
Church in the Highlands has a great nursery school. Play based. Has a 2s program. Might only offer half day, though.

Old 10-12-2016, 10:22 AM

783 posts, read 818,675 times
Check out Mali's daycare right in Purchase of Anderson Hill Rd on the WP border. Excellent care and workers, small group and semi-private.

Old 03-07-2017, 09:30 AM

5 posts, read 4,491 times
Just an update. We ended up sending our toddler to Mali's daycare, because we needed more than a half day program, and our experience so far has been great. My child loves going there, and always comes back happy and full of life.

Old 03-07-2017, 12:36 PM

783 posts, read 818,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeStone View Post
Just an update. We ended up sending our toddler to Mali's daycare, because we needed more than a half day program, and our experience so far has been great. My child loves going there, and always comes back happy and full of life.
Glad I could help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County