Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 09:39 AM

11 posts, read 16,941 times

Advertisements

Hi grouse789. We haven't. We are really looking for a charming town, such as Ridgefield, Rhinebeck or even Katonah, but that isn't too far (an hour ish) from NYC, 35 mins or so from Peekskill and/or Pleasantville, and where our 12 year old can horseback ride. We're looking to live in the country but have neighbors nearby, and be close to a nice town. We also do lots of shopping at Whole Foods and Trader Joes, which means that currently we're driving to White Plains, Yonkers and Eastchester. The further east we go, Danbury becomes an easier option. I'm afraid that I simply don't know anything about Putnam county. If you could suggest a town or two with excellent schools that meets the above criteria I'd be grateful so that I can do some research. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 01:50 PM

830 posts, read 1,093,502 times
Wow, between Yorktown and Katonah/Bedford, I don't think there is any contest. I would make the move and do everything you can to make your kids comfortable in the new district that will become your long-term home.

Old 07-10-2017, 02:04 PM

11 posts, read 16,941 times
We have actually decidee on Ridgefield, CT. Has a better town center than Katonah or Bedford, much more restaurants, a movie theatre, etc. Taxes are much lower ans there are tons of homes in our price range. Thanks for all of the input everyone!

Old 07-10-2017, 02:59 PM

830 posts, read 1,093,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitegrowth1121 View Post
We have actually decidee on Ridgefield, CT. Has a better town center than Katonah or Bedford, much more restaurants, a movie theatre, etc. Taxes are much lower ans there are tons of homes in our price range. Thanks for all of the input everyone!
Congrats, Ridgefield is probably one of the most ideal towns in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County