U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2017, 08:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,812 times

Advertisements

Hi there! We are about to have our first baby and are looking for a pediatrician that will support our lifestyle. We are both in the middle when it comes to interventions, vaccines and medications (will do what is safest for our family but dont want to jump to antibiotics for every sniffle). Ive done some research on vaccines, and know that a lot of doctors are intolerant to questions or potentially deciding not to do all or spacing them out in a longer time period. Does anyone have suggestions for drs offices we should look into? Ive heard Dr. Lasser, Dr Baskind - both a little far north for us (although we are willing to drive a bit for the right practice). All of the forums on this are outdated by several years so im curious who the holistic minded mamas are going to these days!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 04:10 AM

1,594 posts, read 2,976,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by criste1919 View Post
Hi there! We are about to have our first baby and are looking for a pediatrician that will support our lifestyle. We are both in the middle when it comes to interventions, vaccines and medications (will do what is safest for our family but dont want to jump to antibiotics for every sniffle). Ive done some research on vaccines, and know that a lot of doctors are intolerant to questions or potentially deciding not to do all or spacing them out in a longer time period. Does anyone have suggestions for drs offices we should look into? Ive heard Dr. Lasser, Dr Baskind - both a little far north for us (although we are willing to drive a bit for the right practice). All of the forums on this are outdated by several years so im curious who the holistic minded mamas are going to these days!
No doctor I have ever been to in Westchester in 30 years ever considered antibiotics for viruses. Bacterial diseases, e.g., strep, different.

Vaccines -- good luck with that. The majority of negativity has been disproven.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:33 AM

195 posts, read 221,319 times
I like Dr Grace Ilanjian in Eastchester. She's by herself but I've always found her available both for appointments and phone calls.
Besides strep she's never pushed meds and occasionally has recommended natural remedies for minor things. I'm a believer in science and pro-vax but I still preferred a slightly spaced out schedule for shots and she was fine with that. I still did all the vaccines, just didn't like the idea of sticking the kids 8 times in one visit.

Old 07-14-2017, 10:31 AM

826 posts, read 2,112,737 times
We've been very happy with Scarsdale Pediatrics. I have never had a problem getting an appointment for something acute as there's always someone there late (till 7pm or so) and on weekends. Well-visits you do have to schedule in advance if you want a particular doctor. I've seen them all and they are all fine. None of them will push antibiotics for something that is viral.

As for vaccines, I don't know because we did what was recommended. Babies need a lot of immunizations, and it seemed better to get them out of the way together, rather than have to drag my baby to the doctor frequently for more shots.

Old 07-14-2017, 12:17 PM

554 posts, read 870,187 times
My first baby is due in September, and a few weeks ago, I sat down with Dr. Baskind for an hour during a monthly meet and greet he hosts. I was so impressed with him I stopped the pediatrician search right then and there. Consider attending his next one... Call his office and they'll tell you when. I like that he's also a homeopathic and gives only one vaccine at a time.

Old 07-19-2017, 03:42 AM

33 posts, read 43,057 times
+1 to Dr. Baskind's office.

They are spectacular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or