Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2017, 03:06 PM

173 posts, read 218,677 times

Advertisements

My spouse and I found a home we're interested in purchasing but are wondering what the parking options are for the train. The house is zoned for Pleasantville but closer to the Chappaqua station.

We currently live in Chappaqua and have enjoyed the plentiful parking and express trains, but we're trying to keep our options open when it comes to the housing stock between the two towns..

We've heard about nonresident parking permits at the Chappaqua station and are wondering what the odds are of getting one of these permits if we decide to purchase the Pleasantville home?

Also, does anyone know if there's a wait-list at the Pleasantville station? If not, how full is the lot by, say, 8 a.m.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 01:57 PM

24 posts, read 39,797 times
You're best bet would be to call the town.

"zoned for Pleasantville but closer to the Chappaqua station" - I'm guessing this means PVille schools, but not the village?

I think (and could be wrong) that Pville parking permits are only granted to Village residents. A phone call will answer this.

Waiting list for Pville is relatively short because of that fact.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:20 PM

195 posts, read 297,069 times
lackadaisical is correct - Pleasantville station does have a wait list and it's village residents only. I'm told there's also 12 hour meters on the street.
If you're not in the village you could get a permit for Hawthorne.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County