U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2018, 09:09 AM

1 posts, read 1,257 times

Advertisements

Hello! So my fiancé and I are looking to purchase a Condo/Co-Op in Northern Westchester. We saw quite a few units for sale in the River House complex in Peekskill. The conplex appears to be well maintained and their website states that there is no under lying mortgage. Does anyone have any input on River House and/or Peekskill area?? My fiancé and I are both professionals in our early thirties and are looking for an affordable neighborhood with a walkable and cute downtown/city vide to it. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by AstorianFLID; 05-01-2018 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 11:29 AM

945 posts, read 953,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstorianFLID View Post
Hello! So my fiancé and I are looking to purchase a Condo/Co-Op in Northern Westchester. We saw quite a few units for sale in the River House complex in Peekskill. The conplex appears to be well maintained and their website states that there is no under lying mortgage. Does anyone have any input on River House and/or Peekskill area?? My fiancé and I are both professionals in our early thirties and are looking for an affordable neighborhood with a walkable and cute downtown/city vide to it. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
I live a few miles north of Peekskill. There are a ton of threads discussing Peekskill here, one just a few weeks ago. You should search this site to get a better understanding. My thoughts on Peekskill is that is a gem, unless you are looking for your real estate investment to increase in value much faster than inflation. Peekskill is a wonderful place to live. The property values give you a lot of bang for your buck. The reason, well, there are a few, but the biggest is that the schools are generally thought of as terrible. If you are sending your kids to public school, the schools are very crowded, the schools themselves not in the best of shape and the student body is not affluent.

With that said, Peekskill is a gem. The people are friendly and welcoming. The library is one f the best in the county. The riverfront area is too good to be true. Views of the mountains and a path to bike/run on, great green space, festivals and wonderful music all summer. Great places to eat and drink in town, the Paramount is one of the best venues for music, comedy and films. It is just a great town. Let me know if I can answer any questions. Good luck to you.

Old 05-06-2018, 08:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,160 times
Funny you posted this - I have researched hundreds of co-ops all over Westchester the last few months but just came across this complex for the first time. I thought the prices must have been typos or maybe the place was a complete disaster in person...
I did a drive by yesterday and the complex was quiet and well maintained. Cars parked there were nice, lots of Mercedes and Acura SUVs sprinkled between new Mazda’s and Accords. Security booth didn’t have anyone in it but looked like they probably use it. Convenient location, definitely a drive to town but a short drive. Have a feeling Peekskill will be taking a jump upwards sooner than later based on some of the new apartments and higher end condos set to go on sale Summer 2018...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
View detailed profiles of: