Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 06:14 AM

326 posts, read 715,667 times

Advertisements

Yonkers city tax goes up 6%, county tax up 2%! For all residents who voted Democrat, thanks for all the tax hikes, when your rent goes way up to cover your landlord's tax hikes maybe you will vote GOP next time, Rob Astorino balanced the county budget for eight years with no tax hikes! Rob, we miss you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 06:17 AM

413 posts, read 299,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeena View Post
Yonkers city tax goes up 6%, county tax up 2%! For all residents who voted Democrat, thanks for all the tax hikes, when your rent goes way up to cover your landlord's tax hikes maybe you will vote GOP next time, Rob Astorino balanced the county budget for eight years with no tax hikes! Rob, we miss you!
yikes......Yonkers has gone Bonkers!! vote for the fiscally conservative and you may have a better balance and less waste.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:54 AM

7,466 posts, read 4,293,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan west View Post
yikes......Yonkers has gone Bonkers!! vote for the fiscally conservative and you may have a better balance and less waste.
The best thing you can do is vote with your feet and get the hell outta' New York as we did.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:22 AM

222 posts, read 538,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeena View Post
Astorino used accounting gimmicks to "balance" the budget. It was just a matter of time before someone had to clean up that mess.

Old 06-14-2018, 09:10 AM

1,183 posts, read 700,717 times
Yonkers city tax is controlled by Yonkers politicians, not the county.

Old 06-14-2018, 02:12 PM

830 posts, read 1,083,082 times
Yes, because all renters are Democrats and all owners are Republicans.. lol.

You also seem to be confusing the county budget and the city of Yonkers' budget.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:36 AM

2,684 posts, read 2,375,184 times
My daughter goes to a swim class with the child of the Yonkers mayor. It's later (after work), but the mayor arrives in a black SUV and the driver sits outside the entire time and waits, then takes the mayor and the kid home. This is a for the MAYOR of a small city that has a spending issue!

Everyone is equal, but some more than others...

Old 06-15-2018, 07:48 AM

985 posts, read 1,004,294 times
Completely ridiculous to blame Rob Astorino no longer being in power (and therefore the Democrat now in power) for tax issues that are entirely controlled by the City of Yonkers. The County Executive has absolutely nothing to do with this.

Old 06-16-2018, 09:13 PM

13,993 posts, read 13,782,486 times
Here come more Westchester County residents moving to Fairfield County

Old 06-17-2018, 12:35 AM

326 posts, read 715,667 times
The county taxes went up as soon as Democrat Latimer was elected, Astorino (GOP) gave no increase for eight years. The Yonkers tax hike is a separate issue than county, just to clarify my OP, some posters seem to think I didn,t know that and I don't get why, nothing about my post indicated I thought the county controlled the city taxes.

Now Latimer wants to put red light cameras on county controlled roads, this is what the Democrats bring, tax hikes and more fines for responsible citizens struggling to pay for taxes, cars, etc. I got one red light camera ticket since they were installed in Yonkers on the corner of Yonkers and Central Ave going north. There is a bus stop right after the traffic light, I stopped because there were cars in front of me slowing down for the bus not realizing I started to go right under the light when it changed to red.

In Ca. there are rules to follow regarding the red camera lights such as how long the yellow light should stay on depending on the location of the light, in some cases the yellow light time was shortened
to produce more tickets to bring in more revenue, but this was challenged in court and the yellow light timing was corrected.

There is a red camera light on Midland Ave right after an incline, and I think the timing on the yellow light is too short, especially when driving slowly up the incline, so I avoid that light whenever I can. I don't know if Yonkers and the county have rules to follow regarding the operation of the red light cameras. Sorry for going off-topic a bit from my OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County