Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2019, 07:52 AM

21,752 posts, read 28,086,032 times

Advertisements

I’m thinking about buying a co-op in Westchester in the next year or 2. I’ve noticed there’s not much for condos in this area.

I’m focusing mainly on the MNR New Haven line because I’ll be keeping my Milford house and this will be more of a “crash pad” and investment. On the latter, I’m concerned because I’d like the flexibility to rent it out at some point, or even AirBNB. What are the typical rules on that?

Also, Zillow rarely has HOA/co-op fees. Is there a better source to find that? I don’t want to go to a real estate agent just yet until I’m closer to buying.

Thanks all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2019, 08:57 AM

7,345 posts, read 4,134,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
I’m focusing mainly on the MNR New Haven line because I’ll be keeping my Milford house and this will be more of a “crash pad” and investment. On the latter, I’m concerned because I’d like the flexibility to rent it out at some point, or even AirBNB. What are the typical rules on that?
Every co-op has their own rules. Some allow subleasing and some don't.

Old 02-27-2019, 11:55 AM

6,666 posts, read 2,972,733 times
If you can find out who the Property Managers are you can call them and ask perhaps. They may not like unsolicited calls though.

I found the coops I looked at in Manhattan allow subleasing but after several years of living there first.
While the ones I looked at in Westchester didn't allow it at all. But as mentioned it is all up to the Board there.

Old 02-27-2019, 12:45 PM

67 posts, read 188,126 times
Quote:
Also, Zillow rarely has HOA/co-op fees. Is there a better source to find that? I don’t want to go to a real estate agent just yet until I’m closer to buying.

Thanks all!
Redfin provides maintenance/HOA fees. Scroll down to the Property Details section.

Old 02-28-2019, 11:04 AM

21,752 posts, read 28,086,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizMamie View Post
Redfin provides maintenance/HOA fees. Scroll down to the Property Details section.
Thanks, will look. Too bad subleasing info isn't as easy to come by.

Old 02-28-2019, 11:23 AM

62 posts, read 89,494 times
We have used Putnam & Westchester County Real Estate: Michael Trinchitella Real Estate Expert to buy a couple of coops. His site is very information rich.

Old 03-01-2019, 08:03 AM

91 posts, read 123,565 times
Quote:
Thanks, will look. Too bad subleasing info isn't as easy to come by.
Redfin often shows that too, look for "Lease Information" under Property Details.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County