U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2020, 10:46 PM

3 posts, read 2,178 times

Advertisements

TIL that half the traffic in Westchester County is completely fake. Advertising companies pay for people to drive luxury vehicles and expensives bikes around to slow down people driving jeeps, basic vehicles and trucks. They want people spending money on luxury goods and services for no good reason. They even work with mechanics to cause damage to people's vehicles so they can make people spend money on repairs constantly. If you do repairs on your own vehicle they make it impossible to do any work on your vehicle. People even go as far as to damage other people's property just to get them spending money. I called the police about this and they basicakly said they can't do anything about it. This isn't just a Westchester County thing it happens in southern connecticut also.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2020, 08:36 AM

945 posts, read 954,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigenigen View Post
TIL that half the traffic in Westchester County is completely fake. Advertising companies pay for people to drive luxury vehicles and expensives bikes around to slow down people driving jeeps, basic vehicles and trucks. They want people spending money on luxury goods and services for no good reason. They even work with mechanics to cause damage to people's vehicles so they can make people spend money on repairs constantly. If you do repairs on your own vehicle they make it impossible to do any work on your vehicle. People even go as far as to damage other people's property just to get them spending money. I called the police about this and they basicakly said they can't do anything about it. This isn't just a Westchester County thing it happens in southern connecticut also.
Well that is 30 seconds of my life I won't get back.

Old 09-28-2020, 10:01 AM

582 posts, read 1,123,586 times
Schizophrenia is real. I hope you can find psychiatric help.

Old 09-28-2020, 03:03 PM

1,258 posts, read 451,788 times
Why would slowing me down causing traffic or breaking my vehicle make me wanna go buy a more expensive "luxury" vehicle that will get stuck in traffic and break down?

Old 09-29-2020, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Why would slowing me down causing traffic or breaking my vehicle make me wanna go buy a more expensive "luxury" vehicle that will get stuck in traffic and break down?
I think with this post the question should be: Why is potato barbeque concrete studio? A question like that fits with this post.

Old 09-29-2020, 05:24 AM

85,777 posts, read 83,279,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
I think with this post the question should be: Why is potato barbeque concrete studio? A question like that fits with this post.
everyone knows the answer ...it is because it is hotter in the summer than in brooklyn .

Old 09-29-2020, 08:37 PM

1,434 posts, read 473,040 times
Default Self Quarantine has ruined many people.

This will increase my post count. What I don't understand is how the OP garnered any Reps?

Old 09-30-2020, 08:19 PM

61 posts, read 57,948 times
Yesterday when I was driving to work on 684, I passed a car that had a big sign saying, "Call (this number) to CAR-VERTISE here"! And until this post, I had never noticed anything like this. You guys can laugh, but I will notice this more from now on. It does seem to be a thing.

Old 10-02-2020, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisaHeron View Post
Yesterday when I was driving to work on 684, I passed a car that had a big sign saying, "Call (this number) to CAR-VERTISE here"! And until this post, I had never noticed anything like this. You guys can laugh, but I will notice this more from now on. It does seem to be a thing.

Car advertising is hardly new and has always existed. 10 years ago leaflets were put on all the cars in the Croton lot about these opportunities. I inquired with some people at least annually since then and its never been enough money for me to consider it. Of course paid advertisement on cars is a thing. The problem with this post was that it claimed that companies pay for people to drive luxury vehicles and expensive bikes around to slow down people driving jeeps, basic vehicles and trucks and that said advertisers work with mechanics to cause damage to people's vehicles so they can make people spend money on repairs constantly. They of course do this at the order of the Queen and the lizard men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
View detailed profiles of: