Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2020, 01:53 PM

2,187 posts, read 2,101,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCresident2014 View Post
I don't mind it except that there are a lot of stores that have no bags, which drives me nuts. Walgreens in Chappaqua, for example- they don't even have paper bags. So if you go in to buy one thing (and thus don't bring a bag in with you) but then end up buying 6 or 7 little things, you end up walking out with your arms full. Very annoying.

Home Depot in Mt. Pleasant is like this too- they sometimes have paper bags but most of the time they don't. The other day I bought something like $50 worth of items that were all in the $0.50 to $2.00 range- lots of little things. No bags. I had to juggle all of it out to the car, because I was counting on them having bags.

Paper vs plastic, I don't care. But plastic vs. no bags, I very much care.
I think this getting to the new normal. We are all used to the vendor giving us bags, but the shift is really to one of personal responsibility for your own bags. Once we all accept that its on us if we want bags, there is never a problem. I have 5 bags in my car. I have forgotten them once or twice and had to go back out and get them. Its just going to take time for everyone to change the way they do things. I prefer it. My bags, are all plastic. I can use them if I choose over and over. Its all on me and my complete choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2020, 02:14 PM

136 posts, read 130,720 times
Wow. Seriously?! Plastic bags are banned everywhere in Europe. When I was shopping in Paris 5 years ago everyone looked at my like I was the villain when I didn’t have my own bag and had to buy at their store. Maybe let’s stop playing entitled and suck up some inconvenience for the good of our planet? Not only plastic bags but also useless straws and plastic lids should be banned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County