U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2008, 06:41 AM

12 posts, read 76,179 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

We recently moved to Mt. Vernon with our 5-year old. We both work full-time and need to get our son into something for the summer break.

Did a little research but everything seems so expensive (quotes of about $2,500 for the summer 8 week programs).

Can anyone suggest an affordable full-time summer day camp with outdoor activities that is near the Mt. Vernon area?

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 07:08 PM

15 posts, read 57,823 times
The camp I think of if in New Rochelle. It is Camp Echo Bay. It is at Salesian High School. They have a swimming pool, baseball, basketball, box ball, crafts and all that good stuff.

Old 06-08-2008, 09:02 AM

9 posts, read 146,004 times
Try BLUE RILL DAY CAMP in Rockland...I went there when I was younger its about 3,000 a year for 8 weeks... It was great outdoor activities, arts, shows, keeps kids busy...most kids there are rich so you wont have a problem with other children... and there are trips about ten of them... to washintong dc, boston, toronto, six flags... about 1,000 for ten trips for the older kids... great supervision there the people that owned the camp take ALOT of PRIDE in nourishing and protecting the kids... like I said try no PICK Blue Rill Day camp... It is the BEST hands down

Old 06-11-2008, 03:53 PM
K&F

40 posts, read 160,928 times
$2,500 for eight weeks sounds reasonable to me, even in Virginia!

not trying to start something here, but pharagam6996, what does "most kids there are rich so you wont have a problem with other children. . . " mean? I mean, being rich is no guaranty that you're going to have a good kid - not at all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County