U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-09-2008, 10:49 AM
 
884 posts, read 2,346,290 times
Reputation: 609

Advertisements

Does anyone have any problems with mosquitoes in this area?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-19-2015, 12:33 PM
 
1 posts, read 1,188 times
Reputation: 10
Smile Mosquito Solution

Call or go online to Mosquito Joe of Westchester
914-819-5555
[URL="http://www.Westchester.mosquitojoe.com"]www.Westchester.mosquitojoe.com[/URL]
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2015, 01:49 PM
 
Location: Ossining, NY
559 posts, read 928,637 times
Reputation: 289
Mosquitoes seem to be bad all over, especially with the burst of Asian tiger mosquitoes the past few years—they're relentless. Got bit on the face and it looked like I was Botoxed.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2015, 02:11 PM
bg7
 
7,696 posts, read 9,370,613 times
Reputation: 15236
they've been very quiet so far this year haven't you found?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2015, 02:36 PM
 
Location: Ossining, NY
559 posts, read 928,637 times
Reputation: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
they've been very quiet so far this year haven't you found?
They seem to be on par with last year, at least from what I've noticed here. I've been chomped quite a bit this year.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2015, 08:08 AM
bg7
 
7,696 posts, read 9,370,613 times
Reputation: 15236
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANM1982 View Post
They seem to be on par with last year, at least from what I've noticed here. I've been chomped quite a bit this year.
Sorry to hear that!
Last year they were awful for sure. I don't know why they seem so absent this year so far where we are. I was hoping the severe cold weather had killed them off but then my wife pointed out a big hole in my theory: Alaska has some of the worst mosquitos you can imagine. Cold over winter doesn't seem to be a problem... .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2015, 09:24 AM
 
Location: Ossining, NY
559 posts, read 928,637 times
Reputation: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Sorry to hear that!
Last year they were awful for sure. I don't know why they seem so absent this year so far where we are. I was hoping the severe cold weather had killed them off but then my wife pointed out a big hole in my theory: Alaska has some of the worst mosquitos you can imagine. Cold over winter doesn't seem to be a problem... .
They're like mini helicopters there!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2015, 04:15 PM
 
Location: Harrison
835 posts, read 2,215,438 times
Reputation: 451
We used one of those mosquito companies last summer and it WORKS. Best money we ever spent. I'm that person who gets eaten alive while others don't seem to notice them, and I actually don't get bitten. I highly recommend. Our yard was practically off limits to me prior to last year, it was terrible. Now I sit outside AT NIGHT and don't get bitten.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2015, 07:23 AM
bg7
 
7,696 posts, read 9,370,613 times
Reputation: 15236
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetsmart View Post
We used one of those mosquito companies last summer and it WORKS. Best money we ever spent. I'm that person who gets eaten alive while others don't seem to notice them, and I actually don't get bitten. I highly recommend. Our yard was practically off limits to me prior to last year, it was terrible. Now I sit outside AT NIGHT and don't get bitten.
Do they selectively wipe out Mosquitoes - or is it a broader anti-insect treatment. The bees and other pollinators are already having a hard time - I don't know if my conscience would let me!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2015, 04:04 PM
 
Location: Harrison
835 posts, read 2,215,438 times
Reputation: 451
I don't think it harms honeybees. I do believe it also kills cockroaches, spiders, stinkbugs, aphids, etc...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top