U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2007, 03:59 PM

660 posts, read 2,328,838 times

Advertisements

hey evrybody
was wonderin if anybody could help me out
im intrested in movin to sleepy hollow it would be jus me an my 2 year old son an had a few questions
is it safe for kids, any churches,how is baby sitting or daycare
how expensive to live there any apartments or rent under $550 monthly
i would be coming from one of them new york city airports i dont know how to drive yet would there be anyway to get there by bus or train
thank you all for help
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2007, 08:49 PM

137 posts, read 965,167 times
I also heart Toby Keith. There is no way you could find an apartment in Sleepy Hollow for under $550 a month. Where are you moving from?
There are tons of churches in town, what denomination? As for the commute from the airports, it would be awful without a car. You could take metro north from philipse manor to 125th street in harlem, then the m60 bus to laguardia, it would take at least an hour and a half. I think getting to JFK or Newark by public transit would be even harder.
There are many daycares and babysitters in the area, but they are expensive.
What kind of salary would you be making, and what interests you about Sleepy Hollow?

Old 02-13-2007, 10:08 AM

660 posts, read 2,328,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eslteacher View Post
I also heart Toby Keith. There is no way you could find an apartment in Sleepy Hollow for under $550 a month. Where are you moving from?
There are tons of churches in town, what denomination? As for the commute from the airports, it would be awful without a car. You could take metro north from philipse manor to 125th street in harlem, then the m60 bus to laguardia, it would take at least an hour and a half. I think getting to JFK or Newark by public transit would be even harder.
There are many daycares and babysitters in the area, but they are expensive.
What kind of salary would you be making, and what interests you about Sleepy Hollow?
i know hes so hot
im from oklahoma ,christian,i jus saw some pictures of there an i liked that it was a history type of town but it sounds to expensive for me
i dont know much bout new york just lookin for a diffrent place to live
thnak you though for your help

Old 02-13-2007, 12:05 PM

94 posts, read 438,424 times
I would suggest stearing clear of the Hudson river area if you are looking for cheap housing. If you want to live in NY go towards the Southern Tier (western NY). We have some of the lowest housing costs in America. For $500 you can rent a decent four bedroom house in Jamestown, NY. Good luck with your move.....oh yeah, if you are interested in housing, try to google their local newspapers so you get an idea what the apt. costs are.

Old 06-09-2007, 04:47 PM

6 posts, read 36,061 times
If you're relocating to Westchester NY, what's the reason, a job? If you want to be near an airport, I'd look for the towns that have airports (Harrison) so your commute isn't too expensive. Westchester County is one of the most expensive counties to live in. I recommend finding an apt/condo in Tarrytown if you're job is in SH. There are more stores, you're closer to Transfiguration Catholic Church and parochial school. You might be able to find an apt in a house in SH but expect between $900 and $1200. On Beekman in SH, there's St. Teresa's church and Immaculate Conception on rt. 9.

Old 06-09-2007, 04:59 PM

1,174 posts, read 5,717,402 times
I will say, Sleepy Hollow is beautiful. One of the most pleasant villages in all of New York.

Old 06-09-2007, 05:06 PM

6 posts, read 36,061 times
Yes, Sleepy Hollow is great, especially if you like to jog, take long walks, bike ride. Get a dog and you get to appreciate the area while walking it. But, I don't think you'll find $550/mo rent unless the place is in bad conditions. I would not want a 2 yo kid exposed to mice/roaches/street disturbances... speaking of which... when are they going to get rid of that annoying horn and use a better method of alerting the volunteer fire fighters about emergency fires... if I could climb that roof and dismantle it, I hope it gets struck by lightning again, real soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County