Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 07:00 PM

1 posts, read 8,200 times

Advertisements

I am first time home buyer, working in mid-town. Live in Bronx now. Look for a nice area in Yonkers, close to train, and safe. Price range $250K - $400K. There are several apartments (Coop?) on Warburton Ave, in the same price range.. such as 1200 Warburton Ave, 1155 Warburton Ave, 1080 Warburton Ave, etc. Also, one Dave Lane,

Are you familiar with these apartments? What are the pros and cons? Or other recommendations?

Thank you for your help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 09:03 PM

73 posts, read 259,335 times
Hey! Nobody's written in... I want to know too....

I'm looking everywhere to move somewhere. HELP!!!

Old 04-04-2009, 09:59 PM

305 posts, read 1,894,352 times
My cousin just bought a studio at 1155 Warburton Ave. Her studio is beautiful with one wall that is comprised of a giant floor to ceiling window with a stunning view of the Hudson. She is very close to the train station (about a 5 minute walk). The area is safe (my cousin is a young, single female). Certain parts of Warburton Ave (closer to Getty Square in Yonkers) are not great but her apartment is close to the border of Hastings, it is very quiet where she lives and when I went to visit her, there was plenty of on-street parking.
Pros- great view of the Hudson, safer part of Warburton as its near the Hastings border, walking distance to the Greystone train station, near St. John's hospital, nice apartment buildings
Cons - Yonkers schools but not sure if that is important to you
Good Luck.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:22 AM

36 posts, read 134,012 times
Tough call but first off, if you have or are considering having children, plan on private schools if you move anywhere in Yonkers. That said, it depends on whether you're willing to gamble. If not, get as close to Hastings as you can. It's safe. If you're willing to take a chance though, a lot of money stands to be made by anybody who buys close to the proposed yonkers downtown river development if it actually pans out, which is iffy.

Old 04-05-2009, 04:49 AM

1,594 posts, read 3,573,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCB0B View Post
Tough call but first off, if you have or are considering having children, plan on private schools if you move anywhere in Yonkers.
Move a mile north to Hastings and you'll have some of the best schools around.

Old 04-05-2009, 04:54 AM

7,079 posts, read 37,932,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponytrekker View Post
Move a mile north to Hastings and you'll have some of the best schools around.
If you can afford a home in Hastings, that is.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:10 PM

305 posts, read 1,894,352 times
If you don't care about schools, 1155 Warburton is a very nice building. It really is very close to Hastings. I'd rather buy there than downtown Yonkers.

If you do care about schools, maybe look at the Garth Road apartment buildings on Eastchester. Not sure if they are condos or coops but they are close to the train and are located in a good district.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:03 AM
RT3

2 posts, read 12,087 times
I heard that Riverview Club located at 1155 Warburton Ave. Yonkers, NY 10701 is a non-warrantable building. Find out more about it before you make a purchase. I also found out that Laureen P. who pops up on MLS as the agent for that building, that she is a dual agent and there is something going on between her and the ladies that represent this building. I would deeply look into the entire situation.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:08 AM
RT3

2 posts, read 12,087 times
I heard that Riverview Club located at 1155 Warburton Ave. Yonkers, NY 10701 is a non-warrantable building. Find out more about it before you make a purchase. I also found out that Laureen P. who pops up on MLS as the agent for that building, that she is a dual agent and there is something going on between her and the ladies that represent this building. I would deeply look into the entire situation.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:50 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,573,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT3 View Post
You are bumping a 2 year old thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County