Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2008, 12:17 PM

1 posts, read 3,544 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
I'll be moving to White Plains for three weeks during the autumn. I made some calls, but furnished aparments seem a very expensive business (more than 150 $/day for 2 brs and I should book for a whole month at least )... so I wondered if you could recommend me solutions (companies or websites) you or someone you know have used...

many many thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 01:23 PM

95 posts, read 431,162 times
Not sure how easy it would be to find something in White Plains, but we found short term furnished sublets on craigslist when we were looking.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:22 PM

2 posts, read 7,863 times
Hi all, my husband and I are moving to White plains for the summer, he is going to work there and I won't, so I wanted to know if there are things for me to do there or if it will be better for me to live in Manhattan and make him commute everyday to work. The thing is that we will be there just for 10 weeks, and then come back to Evanston, IL that is were we live, and I will be there alone and want to keep me busy during the day. Thanks, any info will be appreciated.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:28 PM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGirl12 View Post
Not sure how easy it would be to find something in White Plains, but we found short term furnished sublets on craigslist when we were looking.
I'm in a similar reverse situation where I'm going to be in the Hartford area for either 4 or 8 weeks and started looking that route. Another idea though it might be cramped space is to ask an inexpensive motel if they'd give you a discount for a short extended stay. Now to my knowledge in this hyper-ridiculous-expensive area there are not Motel 6's or Econo Lodge's or Super 8's (actually there is an Econo Lodge in the Bronx, but it's not that cheap and it's in a marginal area.......there's a Super 8 in Nyack, NY that is reasonable, but you'd have to go over the Tappan Zee Bridge and it's a lot of traffic).

Nearer to White Plains there are two "non chain" motels that might work to a reasonable budget, Ardsley Acres in Ardsley (not to be confused with Apple Motor Inn down the road, which is a "welfare motel" despite being in an upscale town) and Saw Mill Motel in Elmsford (very convenient to rt. 119 or I-287 into White Plains just a few miles down the road). I have had visiting friends stay in both motels so they are OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County