U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 03:54 AM

19 posts, read 41,838 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

I have some questions specifically about the junior/senior high school in Edgemont:

How involved are the parents? Over-involved or appropriately involved?

How are the students? I have heard that Edgemont is like Scarsdale-lite - in other words, the flavor without the attitude....any truth to this?

How are the teachers? Is it a young teaching body or mixed? Is it diverse?

I see that the school is about a quarter Asian and more or less the rest is white...how do the Asian students mix in? Are they pretty much integrated into the life of the school? Are there many Asian teachers?

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 10:55 AM

148 posts, read 831,870 times
I don't know about the teaching body, I will suggest going to the school website and try to guess by looking at names or pictures (if any) if this is a concern to you. A school visit will also help. I will imagine that parents are involved given the good grades in the school, it does have a reputation of being Scarsdale lite i.e. a less snooty and pushy environment.

However, I personally prefer certain things that Scarsdale has such as their own village recreational and other activities, Edgemont is part of the large Greenburgh town and so most recreational activities etc are Town of Greenburgh.

If you are really keen on it I will suggest visiting and talking to some of the families, both Asian and non-Asian.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:05 PM

305 posts, read 1,819,468 times
Town of Greenburgh has an excellent recreation department - one of the best in my humble opinion. Check it out for yourself as it may be as good if not better than Scarsdale

Town of Greenburgh - Parks & Recreation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County