U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2009, 03:08 PM

4 posts, read 16,868 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

I am looking for apartments in the Bronxville High School district and in the walking distance to Metro North train station. Does any body know which one of them is better? 64 Sagamore Road Owners Corp Apartments, Midland Garden, Brooklands, and White Hall. It seems to me that all of them are in the walking distance to the train. No body answered my phone today, Monday. It is kind of strange to me and they might not working in Monday. Thank you.

Betty
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 08:37 PM

28 posts, read 112,449 times
I don't think all of those apartment complexes are in the Bville school district. I am fairly certain that Brooklands is Yonkers schools. I also think that a lot of these apartments are owned and so I don't know if there is a rental office in the buildings but you may be able to find out about rental availability from a realtor.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:33 PM

1 posts, read 4,170 times
Hello! I'm from Bronxville and a lot of buildings here are co-op apartments from what I know of. There are a few owners of co-op units who rent their place but it needs to go under approval the board of directors of each co-op unit. They screen possible tenants I think. I lived here for about 5 yrs and it's wonderful. There are a few apartment buildings around here that are scattered that might be renting but your good bet might be to call a realtor in the area, check craigslist, or if you're around the area, look for the super of the building as they usually know..

If you are willing to go a little out of the main area of Bronxville, they have areas that they call P.O. Bronxville -- which means they are on the outskirts of Bronxville and uses that for their address -- although they are not really part of Bronxville per se. Prices could be lower there and still the areas are very good. If you take Metro-North, I would say the lowest(most south) you can go is between the Fleetwood station and Bronxville stations, going more north is good in general -- if you would like to be picky .. More south of Fleetwood is more of a mix. I think it would help if you will know specifically which school/s you are considering and what's your budget. Bronxville itself is more of higher priced but if you got the money, go for it as it is very, very good. Don't even think to take an illegal u-turn as they give tickets very quickly

Goodluck!

Old 08-24-2009, 10:41 PM

Default Bronxvill school

Does anybody know whether The Avalon (125 parkway rd, Bronxville NY 10708) is in Bronxville high school district? I got a better job offer in NYC and will want to move to Bronxville.

Betty

Old 08-24-2009, 10:46 PM

Thanks. I want to get my child into Bronxville high school.

Betty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County